Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:58:05 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should be destroyed - « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Movies that should be destroyed -  (Read 8411 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2003, 09:33:46 AM »

Mmm... Almost everything Christopher Lambert has been in contact with, except, maybe, "Resurrection". And yes, I include the first "Highlander" here as well, because it sucked big time.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2003, 11:10:48 AM »

I did not realize I was posting on a board that was clearly meant for children or the illiterate. I apologize for being truthful. Peter Jackson is and always will be a terrible director.
 Your response, my little Dunners, was very immature. If you are a "film student" as you claim, you are wasting your time. Film making is a lost art. And certainly NOT ONE of your generation is capable of turning out one single minute of good entertainment. It has been proven time and time again.

Post Edited (08-01-03 11:11)

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Chris K.
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2003, 11:49:27 AM »

Tranquil Featherman wrote:

> I apologize for being truthful. Peter Jackson is and always will be a terrible
> director.

Well, I guess in your opinion you are being truthful. Keep in mind that it's your opinion, others might disagree or agree. Fact of the matter is, every director is going to have a group that either likes or hates them. 50% might like Jackson, and the other 50% might hate him as well. And sometimes, it varies as well.

Others here, including myself, think that Peter Jackson is a damn fine director. If you have seen his BAD TASTE, a film that took four years to complete and meet with success because of his superhuman enthusiasim, then you can see why some of us admire him. And that is because he put effort in the film and it turned out to be a fun entertaining movie. Something that directors of today lack doing.

I have a question for you, Tranquil. What do you consider a good film of this generation that needs to be saved and restored? And I ask this in the highest interest.
Foywonder
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2003, 12:54:50 PM »

And he's a self righteous one to boot!
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2003, 01:17:33 PM »

Julian Po is a fine film

Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)

Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2003, 02:07:45 PM »

not a Troll, sir, just very over-oppinionated ....... and maybe a tad bit of a pompus ass as well.

Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2003, 04:10:52 PM »

Citizen kane 1941

Silence of the lambs 1991

the fellowship of the ring 2001

hero 2003

the piano 1993

road to perdition 2002

crouching tiger, hidden dragon 2000

The art is never lost if its readily availible for the mass to view. But a film as a fine art isn't something that is mass produced, crap films are because they'r emore commercially appealing to the masses.These are some examples of good film that is artwork., you're just too stupid to look for what makes film artwork.

I give this wanker until monday before Andrew bans him.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2003, 12:09:20 AM »

If you're self-admittedly a pompous ass, and I'm far from innocent of that offense myself, then why do you insist on berating people for their opinions of b-movies on a B-MOVIE BOARD!?  This is the wrong place to discuss French art house movies, bud (wait, no, those suck even more than Hobgoblins).  I'm sure there are many lovers of Tolkein on this board, so there's no need to get snippy about that.  If you don't like slightly cheesy, often gory films by eccentric or overenthusiastic directors who are nonetheless people with a love for their craft (except for Ross Hagen, he just wants to hurt us), that's fine.  But approaching a message board and belittling everyone on it because they enjoy the subject that the board is specifically designed to discuss does indeed make you a troll, as well as a pompous ass.  Now, either bring up an argument that we can appreciate and talk about as civilized adults or take your immature and irritating snobbery somewhere else.
You may think we're all stupid in your eyes, but an argument consisting solely of "I'm smarter than you because I said so and I'm right so there *thbbbtpppttt*" doesn't put your intelligence too high on the scale.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2003, 12:58:47 AM »

I thought it was the " beast of Yucca flats" and "hobgolbins" movies trying to mate

I'm sure your pompus ass has been kicked more than once for this BS. While i've only been here for about a year now there is ageneral unity and an almost family like atmosphere here. And I like that feeling as do the rest of us here.

So if you think you can barge in here and try to stir us all up like a bunch of little kids, sorry it doesnt work  that way. We may be immature, but we're still adults.You're not going to get any sympathy from us Tranquil,  so you might as well put your tail between your legs and leave quietly.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2003, 01:28:47 AM »

The question is idiotic and asinine.....as are your choices, sir! :-P

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2003, 01:43:03 AM »

Why is a hypothetical and intentionally over-the-top question intended to spark humorous conversation idiotic and asinine?  Two trolls on the same thread in this short a time?  Must be a record.  You're not Featherman's buddy by any chance, are you?

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2003, 03:48:29 AM »

Tranquil Featherman....this is a rather close knit group of regulars that frequent this board.
I myself have been a regular for about 2 years now.

Now...I do admit that I've stirred the pot here more than a few times and p**sed quite a few people off but in the end I've always apologized and got back into the flow of regular conversation with everybody here.

If you want to be accepted then I do advise that you apologize for your previous remarks and maybe remedy the situation by starting a new topic that we can all bulls**t about.

Coming here to this board and talking smack right off the bat is not a good thing to do.

I know that this is not my website but trust me Featherman...I speak from experience and so can all of the other regulars here because we've seen it happen before....Andrew, the owner of this website WILL ban you if you keep making trouble here.  

Now I implore you, please be civil and hang out with us and chat about absolutely HORRIBLE movies that we all love for some unknown reason!  
OK?

We'd much rather have you as a friend than as an enemy.

Post Edited (08-02-03 03:54)
Steven Millan
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2003, 05:34:37 AM »

"The Terminator" films and anything by Peter Jackson should be destroyed ?!                                                                                                                                                       That's surely a lot of hatred that you have for both Mr. Jackson and James Cameron(even though Jonathan Mostow directed T3,which is the ewakest of these films,even though it is pretty entertaining),Tranquil,since they're both little guys who became multi million dollar filmmakers who can film anything they'd like to,and they've somewhat become pretty snotty when their films became the mega successes they they deservingly are.
              On the other hand,both that stinky "Apes" movie and that dopey Vin Diesel celluloid tripe do absolutely suck,but just beware the wrath of all of Vin's female fans when they get hold of this.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2003, 08:44:02 AM »

Tranquil might well believe that those movies should be destroyed, but I do have to ask this:  why?  For what reasons do you hate them so much that should have never existed?  And, I also have to ask:  have you seen every film made by Peter Jackson?

Bad Taste
Meet the Feebles
Braindead (aka Dead Alive)
Heavenly Creatures
Forgotten Silver
The Frighteners
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers

I am with Krieger though, no movie should ever be destroyed.  If it reaches a new pit of awful, well - how would I or anyone else ever know if it was destroyed?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2003, 09:05:10 AM »

How about if we all try being POSITIVE for a minute. Maybe we should change the topic of this thread to "movies that should be lovingly restored."

As for Peter Jackson and the whole Tolkein debate, I have said it before and I will say it again: it is NOT a filmmaker's duty to be true to the original source material. A filmmaker is creating a filmed INTERPRETATION of someone's written text (often, a novel that has been turned into a screenplay). It is the filmmaker's OWN VISION of the story and characters. Even writers who adapt their own stories for film often make HUGE changes. This is necessary because film and novels are two COMPLETELY different forms of expression. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Novelists can get their readers inside the minds of their characters. This is very difficult to accomplish in film (unless you use endless, tacky voiceovers).

I never read any of Tolkein's works, but I found FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING to be a very entertaining film. So, for me, it succeeded AS A FILM. If I read the novel, I will judge it on its own merits.

Now let's just give one another a big hug, join hands, and sing "We are the World."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should be destroyed - « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.