Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:33:22 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  All Time Favorite TV Commercial « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All Time Favorite TV Commercial  (Read 2740 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: August 15, 2003, 12:10:30 PM »

I recently made a post about what TV ads that we all hated.

How about those really good ones that you remember for years?

I'd have to say my all time favorite ad is the Sprite commercial that had the Sun Fizz "sun" jump off the side of the bottle and the mom & kids freak out and are chased around the house by it.  
The mom trips on something and the camera zooms up close to her face as she yells, "RUUUUN!" to her kids.

I recently learned that that commercial was directed by none other than Spike Jonze!

Go here to watch the Sun Fizz ad:

http://sickjokes.about.com/library/blmedia_sunfizz.htm

What is your all time favorite TV ad?

Post Edited (08-15-03 12:35)
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 12:50:32 PM »

I really enjoy the "Zoom Zoom" commercials. I find them refreshing and whimsical and they always leave me smiling and begging for more.
Wait just a darn minute!!!
I am wrong. I have a problem with ALL commercials, bitter as I am......

Post Edited (08-15-03 12:53)

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Apostic
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 02:58:27 PM »

1. I'm very partial to the EDS ad about cat herders.  I think it ran only once: during the Super Bowl, Y2K.  Cute concept (ties nicely to the product) plus some awesome cinematography as parody.  Besides, I'm a sucker for cats.  (Those of you with allergies may get all misty-eyed, too.)  You can see a low-res copy at http://disc.cba.uh.edu/~sttso/videos/eds_catherders.mov

2. Some of you may remember the Got Milk ad about the presumably sadistic businessman who gets hit by a truck and wakes up in eternity (all in about seven seconds of tight visual storytelling).  And the punchline.

regards,

Apostic
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 07:01:41 PM »

I can't think od any "all time favorite" commercials right now, but there are a couple that I liked a lot.

Kia Spectra (I think that was the one) - Two women are driving along while the female narrator tells you how the driver paid a lot less for her car/SUV than the woman in the passenger seat. The passenger looks kind of annoyed and then you see why; the narrator is their friend sitting in the back seat and the passenger tells her to shut up.

Anti-drug ad - Starts out showing a girl sitting on her bed and while the narrator tells you how taking drugs is like drowning your brain, the room starts filling up with water, until the girl ends up drowning. This one was done well and looks like it could be a scene from a horror movie.

Does anyone know where I could download copies of either ad?
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 01:19:48 PM »

One of my favorites is the Got Milk commercial with the old lady and here house full of cats. That one still makes me laugh whenever I think about. I'd say one of my friends favorites is that Mountain Dew Commerical where the guy fights another goat over his moutain dew.

-the first rule of fat club-
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 02:00:40 PM »

I have too many all time favorites to list just one, so let me list the first one I remember. And this is for a product that is no longer manufactured, so it shows you how old the commercial is. The first television commerical I remember was Bucky Beaver for Ipana toothpaste.

Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 06:09:03 PM »

Hold on, I've got a second favorite commerical: it's that Sharpey Markers commerical where these guys are loading stuff into a moving van and this one guy picks up a package that says "Fragile" but then the red Fragile sign forms into a person it says "Hey buddy Fragile means you have to be EXTRA careful or something will break, if you know what I mean" MAN that's SO COOL! That guys getting dized by a drawing!

-the first rule of fat club-
brawl67
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 06:55:16 PM »

..one that comes to mind is really more of a public service announcement than an actual commercial...don't know if it ever aired in the US though...but it's basically about homeless kids. We see a kid on the street asking for money, with everyone ignoring him. The kid says to the camera, "if I said F*ck, it would probably bother you" (pause)..."but if I said I was hungry, it probably wouldn't" (pause)...."F*ck, I'm hungry"...
Gecko brothers
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2003, 10:38:47 PM »

I like the I kea:
Opens a woman unplugs an old lamp and leaved it by the trash
It Starts to rain they cu on the lamp and zoom in
they then cu on the woman's window and you see she brings a new lamp
(dramatic musics play) The light reflects off the old one and dims(music end)
A man in a trenchcoat walks up and says
                                            man (In Scandinavia acent.)
         Some of you feel sorry for this lamp. That is because your crazy! It has no feeling plus the new one is much beetter.

It was funny a classic oh and those Del Tacos with Dan are good
BlackAngel
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 04:45:32 AM »

Two comes to mind.  

One is for Edy's ice cream where the scene is a grandfather in his chair reading his paper.   A female voice yells out dinner, and the geezer gets up and starts slowly shuffling to the dining room.  Then the voice yells they're having Edy's ice cream for desert. Then the old man jumps, spins, lands with a split, only to get up and start shuffling again.

The other one I saw was public service announcement.  But I saw this on the VH1 show "I Love the 80's".  It had some of the cast of Fame talking about the dangers of drugs.  Then ends with the line "You can't fly if you're high" then a jump in the air.  I was on the floor laughing after that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bulls**t, I still can't hear you, sound off like you got a pair
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2003, 04:49:28 AM »

Black Angel said - The other one I saw was public service announcement. But I saw this on the VH1 show "I Love the 80's". It had some of the cast of Fame talking about the dangers of drugs. Then ends with the line "You can't fly if you're high" then a jump in the air. I was on the floor laughing after that.

I actually remember that! LMAO That was pretty funny. I also remember Kurtis Blow was in a Sprite commerciall in the early '80s.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  All Time Favorite TV Commercial « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.