Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:48:20 AM
714429 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Problems with modern science fiction movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Problems with modern science fiction movies  (Read 1322 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 06, 2003, 05:26:56 PM »

The problem with modern science fiction movies is that they do not contain some of the KEY ELEMENTS that were common in sci-fi movies from the 1950s. For instance:

* Space travellers in modern movies do not wear suits that look like they are made of aluminum foil

* Space travellers in modern movies do not have little "lightning bolt" insignia on their space suits

* Space travellers in modern movies never go to the moon and discover monsters living there

* Space travellers in modern movies never go to the moon and discover beautiful women living there

* Ray guns in modern movies do not make this sound when they are fired: WOIP!WOIP! WOIP! WOIP! WOIP! WHIZZZZZZZZZZZ!

* The control consoles in space ships in modern movies are not equipped with gadgets that look like something a TV repair man would own

* The crews on space ships in modern movies do not consist of: an aging scientist wearing a lab coat with a pocket protector; the scientist's lovely daughter; a clean-cut captain who argues with the daughter at first, but falls in love with her later; an arrogant lieutenant who gets into a fight with the captain because they both want the scientist's daughter; a dumb, but loveable crew member who always says stuff like, "Gee whiz, this planet gives me the creeps."

* Modern sci-fi movies do not show a title card that says "The End" when they are over

* Modern sci-fi movies do not have music that goes, "Da, da, da, da, da, da, DAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" when "The End" is on the screen

Anyway, that's my opinion.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JohnL

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 09:16:04 PM »

>Space travellers in modern movies never go to the moon and discover
>monsters living there

Obviously you haven't seen Moontrap. :)
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 09:59:20 PM »

Yea, why do we need "believable" space movies? What's with that? I think Hollywood is a bit to stuffy. They are believeable were they should be unbelievable and unbelievable when they should be believable or at least  when they playing it straight. Now, let me at the controls!!!!!!

Callysto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 12:38:55 AM »

Modern space travellers do not know how to make new more powerful weapons the hard way.

Modern travellers cannot get water the same way as back in the old days.

I think the newer science fiction movies make it too easy for the characters to survive.

""I always try to save the best for last, but in my opinion you need to jump NOW!!!!""
Bernie
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 10:15:59 AM »

Nobody in a modern science fiction movie looks like they're having any g****mn FUN!!
Sandman
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 01:47:23 PM »

You guys havent seen "The Dead Have Risen"   It's a new  movie that has all KEY ELEMENTS that were common in sci-fi movies from the 1950s..
Ray guns
Zombie's
2 scientist wearing a lab coat  riding in a blimp

After a misister's prayer to raise a dead girl is also broadcast over a mysterious device, many dead are raised ... as zombies. Former country-western star Roy Stone returns to wander the earth in search of whiskey. Some scientists try to catch the curious creatures. Lots of bloody munching going on.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 03:45:20 PM »

I just looked up The Dead Have Risen and couldn't find it Sandman. Where can I get more info?

sandman
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2003, 08:12:08 AM »

A friend of mine had a copy but I did find this site
http://roanoketimes.com/freetime/cullen/pages/6933.html
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Problems with modern science fiction movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.