Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:16:22 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Squirm and other movies of my preteen years « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Squirm and other movies of my preteen years  (Read 1026 times)
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 12, 2003, 01:26:16 PM »

I was watching SQUIRM (the mst version) last night and it put me in the mood to reminisce
That's when they made movies like Blood Beach, Motel Hell, Boggy Creek, Humanoids from the Deep (or is it OF the Deep?) Killdozer, Food of the Gods and tons of other Greats!!
The first time I saw squirm I was about 10 years old and paid 99 cents to see it and some other dreadful movie ( can't remember) and I used the "Your gonna be the Wormface" line on everybody for days.

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Callysto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 01:44:27 PM »

I have sat down and tried many times to watch Squirm in its full entirety and to no avail.

See I have a deep seeded petrifiable phobia of worms. It stems from a childhood incident. I had no problems with them until that moment.

It is a good movie but I just cannot bring nyself to watch it in full. I know when that eerie sounding noise starts the worms are quick to follow almost immediately, so I amable to at least close my eyes- but I still hear them.

Yes back then they had some good ones.

""I always try to save the best for last, but in my opinion you need to jump NOW!!!!""
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 03:34:42 PM »

SQUIRM is being released on DVD soon. I have pre-ordered it, and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 05:00:49 PM »

Yeah  Callysto I want to see Squim and I also get creeped out by worms (I mean I just can't find a copy of the movie you see.) Worms are just feaky to me. I kinda have a soft spot for "Planet of the Dinosaurs" I saw that at my grandma's house when I was five and had a good time.

-the first rule of fat club-
JohnL

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 01:00:43 AM »

>See I have a deep seeded petrifiable phobia of worms. It stems from a
>childhood incident. I had no problems with them until that moment.

What happened?

The worms in Squirm weren't exactly normal worms, most aren't capable of biting.
Brundlefly
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 01:28:39 AM »

If I had some dough....and a theatre....I would singlehandedly bring back midnight movies to my little 'burg....

starting with:
Alligator
C.H.U.D.
The Car
The Beast(...or Terror...forget which...the one about the cicada man...) Within
Squirm
Humanoids From The Deep
Vamps
The Devonsville Terror

ahhhh....glorius, glorius childhood....
Callysto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 01:36:07 AM »

Oh man they say therapy is good if you talk about it.

I was like 8 years old or so and was always going fishing with my father and catching the nice juicy fat nightcrawlers. I knew that they had no teeth and they would not bite and that they would not hurt you at all.

One day it had rained and my dad and I were outside looking for them to go fishing later that evening. My dad had just pulled out two nice fat ones and I had just put a dozen or so in our bucket when my dad yelled at me to catch and I looked up to see those two worms flying at me. I literally went to pieces trying to stop them from flying at me.

Well they like totally disappeared. I mean I looked all over the place for them and my dad was running up to me saying he was sorry andtrying to help me but the thought of him having touched them just made it seem worse. No matter how hard I tried to find them they just weren't there. Then my dad said well maybe you swallowed them ya know worms are full of protein. I lost it.

From that moment on I could not handle the sight of worms. It got really hard when it would rain and I could smell the damp ground and to me that meant the worms would be coming up to the surface. I would literally walk with my head pointed to the ground looking for them to make sure I was not going to step on them and they were not going to be in my way. I would even have nightmares about them coming after me.

To this very day I still hate to go outside on wet sidewalk because the sidewalk will have them slithering on it. I will actually freeze in my tracks until I can find an area to step to where they are not at. Of course my sisters and my children and my HUSBAND think it is actually the best joke to play on me in the world and will go out of there way to do so.

To make it worse I am studying to be a vetrinarian and I know that animals and humans too can get worms in their bodies. Can you imagine my fear with that thought.

""I always try to save the best for last, but in my opinion you need to jump NOW!!!!""
JohnL

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 02:15:29 AM »

>Then my dad said well maybe you swallowed them ya know worms are full of
>protein. I lost it.

Umm, did you have your mouth open at the time?

It's interesting that you posted this today, just last night on Fear Factor the middle stunt involved lying in a box with giant cockroaches in the head area, snakes in the middle section and worms in the foot compartment. Each person had to sort out 10 light-colored snakes and put them in a bin. The first person to do the stunt was a girl from some soap opera and she took 2 minutes to do it. Everyone else beat her time, so she was disqualified, but then the host told her that if the others agreed, she could compete in the final stunt if she'd eat one of the giant cockroaches, and he'd eat one as well. She didn't want to do that, but she volunteered to eat a worm. He told her that she had to eat 3. She did it, making faces and jumping up and down during the entire thing. Then Joe Rogan ate one of the giant hissing cockroaches. Good stunt! I think I have it on tape if you want to borrow it. :)
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 03:44:32 PM »

But I think the creators of "Fear Factor" should be tied up and lashed about the head and shoulders!
Sorry if that offended any of you.

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Squirm and other movies of my preteen years « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.