Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:57:03 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  S.W.A.T. (possible spoilers) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.W.A.T. (possible spoilers)  (Read 887 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 13, 2003, 11:54:45 PM »

Saw this movie last night and it had an odd cast (but there is a preview for some movie with the Rock in it that has an even odder assortment).

This truly was a good leave your mind at the door, a nice pure, decently acted, very poorly scripted cop show. It is not as absurd as most of the recent stuff in this vein has been (see: Italian Job, XXX).

It actually impressed me to see Colin Farrell is really not that built. Almost every Hollywood actor, with their shirts off tend to have mounds of muscle we regular guys cant hope to compete with. LL Cool J proves it in this movie. But while Collin Farrell is by no means flabby, he just isnt well defined, he really looks normal. That was a big self esteem boost to know that at least without my shirt on, i resemble that guy.

This movie runs too long for its own good, but carries more than enough campiness for everyone.

I would say go see this in theatres, just so you can hear the blasting noise and action on the big screen.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 01:05:41 AM »

I dunno, any movie with Michele "butch" rodriguez in it already has 2 strikes.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 11:21:46 AM »

Hey Evan, I think that movie with the Rock is the one that has Stifler and Christopher Walken in it as well, am I right?  If so, then yes, that is the funniest cast ensemble in a long time.

I wanted to see SWAT.. until the PG-13 rating was announced.  Then my anticipation dropped a lot.  That might sound like a shallow reason for not wanting to see it as much anymore, but c'mon, this summer needs more balls out R-rated action fests.  Matrix Reloaded and Bad Boys 2 stuck by their R-ratings and came out just fine.  I'll probably check out SWAT when it comes to DVD, unless someone wants to go see it and brings me along.  

As an aside, I think Dunners would explode if a movie that came out starred Michelle Rodriguez and was directed by Paul Anderson.  I would pay to see his reaction to that, actually.

Nick
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 11:30:20 AM »

What's with Christopher Walken?  I saw him in the old Bond flick and he sorta turned into a b-movie main stay ala Lance Henricksen.  (Mostly "The Prophecy" series and "The Eternal" that I remember him in)  All of a sudden he seems to be in everything, and some real A-budget material

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 11:37:22 AM »

He was an A-list actor at first, moved into B-list during the Eighties, but has kept working all this time, probably because there's no one out there quite like him.  

I believe his wife is a pretty high-powered casting director, also....
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 02:04:33 PM »

Now Walken is in that odd gray zone between  A and B list actor.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 03:54:33 PM »

I heard a story (I forget where, unfortunately) that Walken practically never turns down movie roles, no matter what they are.  I guess he sees them for what they are, a job.  Which could explain why he's turned up in some real classics (McBain) and some head scratchers (Kangaroo Jack?  The Country Bears?  Hell, GIGLI?  The list goes on..).  

Either way, Walken will always be the man.

Nick
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 09:11:40 PM »

Christopher Walken is great in Prophecy. I might check out the sequels someday.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  S.W.A.T. (possible spoilers) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.