Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:59:06 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Wind and the Lion (1975) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Wind and the Lion (1975)  (Read 892 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: August 12, 2003, 11:42:33 AM »

THE WIND AND THE LION (1975) - Good film about 1904 Morroco and American Imperialism of Teddy Roosevelt. Sean Connery stars as a shiek. A leader and protector of the people. Considers a pirate by Roosevelt. Candice Bergman co-stars also in this almost LAWRENCE OF ARABIA type of film. It's a majestically isnpired film and I'm sure you'll like. It's not over the top type stuff, but a good change of pace for me. Connery has done some good films here are some of my favorite besides Bond films.

The Man Who Would Be King
Zardoz
Wind and the Lion
Name of the Rose
A Bridge to Far
The Longest Day
Highlander
Sword of the Valiant: The Legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 01:03:02 PM »

The Wind and the Lion is a kick ass flick!  Connery and Keith really took to there roles and deliver some pretty great lines!

My favorite(non-Bond) Connery flicks

The Hill
The Molly Maguires
The Anderson Tapes
The Man Who Would Be King
The Great Train Robbery
Meteor( mostly because of this line:What do you want me to do? Stick a broom up my ass and sweep the floor on my way out? )
The Untouchables

I like almost all Connery's  flicks, but these are my favorites and IMO his best.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 01:11:32 PM »

Seen it at the drive-in with my sister on a double bill with "Logan's Run." I am not a fan of the film. Maybe because I didn't care much for the storyline.

If one wants a good pre-Bond film w/ Sean Connery, then check out "Tarzan's Greatest Adventure" w/ Gordon Scott, Anthony Quayle, and Niall MacGinnis. Regarded as being one of the better non-Weissmuller Tarzans.

And if one wants a good post-Bond film w/ Sean Connery, then check out "The Hill" w/ Harry Andrews, Ian Bannen, Ossie Davis, Roy Kinnear, Ian Hendry, and Sir Michael Redgrave. Everybody, especially Connery, turn in an heck of performance. Based upon the play of the same title.

yaddo42
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 07:19:03 PM »

I love this film for the old-fashioned adventure story, the fun performances by Keith (who was clearly having a ball with the part) and Connery, and the unique turn-of-the-century foreign setting. It brings back fond memories of the summer I saw it on TV with my dad, who hadn't seen it in years. Even Candice Bergin is tolerable for once. Nice use of period weapons as well.

As for other non-Bond Connery films I second "The Hill", "The Man Who Would Be King", and "The Great Train Robbery".

And I'd recommend "Cuba", "The Name Of The Rose", "Robin And Marian", "The Offence", and "Outland".
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 07:36:42 PM »

Connery has done some good films here are some of my favorite besides Bond films.
Zardoz

cognitive...dissonance....rising...must...resist

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Wind and the Lion (1975) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.