Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:21:28 PM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Upcoming Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Upcoming Movies  (Read 1729 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: August 19, 2003, 08:28:50 PM »

Well, here are some movies that are upcoming from now till April. Can anyone add something to the info about some of these films?

(Aug. 29th) Jeepers Creepers - Horror

(Sept. 12th) Once Upon A Time In Mexico - Action

(Sept. 12th) Cabin Fever - Horror

(Sept. 19th) Underworld - Action Fantasy Horror

(Sept. 26th) Under the Tuscan Sun - Romance

(Sept. 26th) The Rundown - Action

(Oct. 3) School of Rock - Comedy

(Nov. 7th) Matrix: Revolutions - Action

(Nov. 7th) Elf - Comedy

(Nov. 14th) Master and Commander - Historical Action

(Nov. 21) The Cat and the Hat - Comedy

(Dec. 5th) The Last Samarai - Action

(Dec.19th) Lord of the Rings - Action Fantasy

(Dec. 26th) The Alamo - Historical Drama Action

(March 5th) Hildalgo -

(March 26th) Dawn of the Dead - Horror

(April 2nd) Hellboy -

wuggles451
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »

AAAHHH HOW HOW HOW!! How could you forget Kill Bill? Just playing looks to be a pretty good list at leat one movie every month im gonna go see.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 10:36:31 PM »

I'm just hoping that they make another "Shanghai" sequel. So far, we have seen:

* SHANGHAI NOON

* SHANGHAI KNIGHTS

Maybe the next one will be called SHANGHAI SURPRISE. They can get Sean Penn and Madonna to be in it . . . no . . . wait a minute . . . they already tried that . . . never mind . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
dean
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 07:35:49 AM »

they actually made a cat and the hat movie? is this the one based on Dr Seuss?
The Burgomaster

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 08:26:26 AM »

dean wrote:

>
> they actually made a cat and the hat movie? is this the one
> based on Dr Seuss?

Yes. Mike Myers plays the cat. I have seen the trailer twice. It looks like a DREADFUL movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 11:36:50 AM »

Okay, I'll try to give a little info. on some of these films.  This is just info. off the top of my head though, so if I get things mixed up, don't kill me.  Here goes:

Once Upon a Time in Mexico:  Obviously this is the third part of Rodriguez' El Mariachi Trilogy, and I'll be sad to see the series go.  Hopefully, this will continue where Desperado left off and give the series a proper send-off.  I find it interesting that Johnny Depp is in this movie, that should help it gain some attention.  Actually, there's a lot of interesting names in this one, according to IMDB:  Willem Dafoe, Danny Trejo (!), Mickey Rourke (!!), Enrique Iglesias (what the hell..?), and more.  I'm glad to see Rodriguez going back to a more adult-oriented film after the Spy Kids stuff, but I don't resent him for doing those movies at all.  According to Entertainment Weekly, Johnny Depp is the guy to look out for in this movie.  Supposedly, he's the scene stealer.  But take that for what it's worth.

Underworld:  Directed by Kurt Wimmer, the guy who brought us the fantastically awesome Equilibrium, one of my favorite films in recent memory.  Underworld looks to be treading down similar territory, while looking like a cross between Blade and the Matrix.  Only there's a really hot girl as the lead this time, which is always a good thing in my book.  As an interesting aside, when I went to see Freddy vs. Jason, this was the first trailer shown.  Consequently, it got a tremendous response from the rest of the audience.  This movie could be another step forward in Kurt Wimmer's success as a director.  Let's hope so.

The Rundown:  The Rock.  Stifler.  Christopher Walken.  Three names I never thought I would see in the same movie.  But alas, it's happened, and I'm pretty interested in seeing what the final result will be.  I haven't been able to check out the trailer yet, nor have I heard anything about it.  I'm a sucker for nearly anything with Christopher Walken in it, and I thought the Rock was competent in the Scorpion King, so I'll probably end up checking this movie out.

Hellboy:  It's directed by Guillermo Del Toro, a really cool guy who did Blade 2, which I thought was even better than the first (and that's difficult to accomplish, IMO).  Del Toro has a fantastic visual sense, so he should do a great job with Hellboy, the latest character in the long line of upcoming comic book flicks.  Not too much info. on this movie, but I'll be looking forward to hearing/reading more about it.

Elf:  Uh, yeah.  It's directed by the guy that was in Made (Jon Favreau, maybe?) and stars Will Ferrell.  I think Ferrell's a funny guy, but I don't know about the movie itself.  The plot sounds like something Ernest would be in.  Ernest Saves Christmas Part 2, maybe.  But that's just my opinion.  I won't pass judgment yet though, maybe it'll turn out to be good.

The Last Samurai:  I saw this trailer in a movie theater and I remember the audience having a good laugh when they saw this.  I guess Tom Cruise as a samurai just isn't what people were expecting.  Despite a lot of criticism this movie will probably receive, I'm quite psyched to see the final result.  I mean, c'mon, it's a movie about samurais, and usually that's enough to get me to see a movie.  Tom Cruise doesn't p**s me off like he does everyone else in the world; I didn't mind him in Mission Impossible 2, but that's probably because Woo made him look tolerable.  As long as it's Rated R, I'll be there.

That's all I know.  There's an interesting mix of movies on the horizon though, that's for sure.

Nick
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2003, 12:06:22 PM »

I seen the trailer to RUNDOWN just before FREDDY vs JASON yesterday. Walken looked good and The Rock didn't fit in, but then again I don't know enough about the film. It looked comical, but I guess that is what they were looking for.

I didn't know there was a second El Mariachi film. I better find this one. Love that stuff and ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO looks good. Johnny Depp can't hurt.

The Burgomaster

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2003, 12:18:32 PM »

EL MARIACHI was great. DESPERADO was weak, except for a few of the shoot outs. DESPERADO seemed like Rodriguez was all excited about having a bigger budget, and he spent a lot of time trying to make eye-popping action scenes rather than worrying about the plot or the acting or anything else. It's good for an evening of escapist violence, but even the action scenes get tedious after awhile. EL MARIACHI is a much more "honest" film.

JohnL

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 03:51:07 AM »

>Actually, there's a lot of interesting names in this one, according to IMDB: Willem
>Dafoe, Danny Trejo (!),

I see they're throwing continuity out the window; Trejo's character was killed in Desperado.

>I didn't know there was a second El Mariachi film.

In case you haven't picked up on it yet, Desperado, starring Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek was the second El Mariachi film.
dean
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 09:39:49 AM »

all i have to say is if they bring back Trejo, they should bring back steve buscemi, i love that guy!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Upcoming Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.