Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:27:12 PM
714450 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Star Wars - In What Order? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Star Wars - In What Order?  (Read 2973 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 11:37:56 AM »

Oh, my kids are definitely going to see a variety. I can thank my own family's diverse tastes for my appreciation of movies. I grew up with a brother who loved John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Steve McQueen, etc., A brother who loved science fiction and sophomoric comedies, a sister who watched horror movies, a mother with a soft spot for sentimenal old movies, and a father who never wanted to watch anything. I grew up watching everything. Taste in books was equally diverse.

And I hope to learn a thing or two from my kids by letting them discover their own tastes. A friend of ours has a nice ritual that we'll probably adopt. Friday is family movie night. Their son picks any movie he wants, and they watch it together, with a little discussion afterward. Sometimes it's painfully bad, and other times it turns out to be a gem they wouldn't otherwise have rented.

My wife has already made it clear that television and movies are going to be a family activity, when there is nothing more constructive to do. She doesn't want our hypothetical offspring to spend solitary hours watching crappy movies like their father. She's probably right.

Still, I'm pondering a lot of questions, such as how old they need to be before I can introduce them to, for example, Smokey and the Bandit, Alien or the works of Schwarzenegger. I estimate they'll need to be about 11 or 12 to handle a trip to B-fest.

Still, I can't quite decide on this Star Wars question. Seems you can watch it in either order and get something quite different out of it. I guess we're planning on having more than one kid. I can try it both ways.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Star Wars - In What Order? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.