Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:08:36 PM
714462 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ever Had the Theater to Yourself? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ever Had the Theater to Yourself?  (Read 1612 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2003, 07:48:50 AM »

Back in the 1970s, me and my friend went to see FUTURE WORLD around 5:30 p.m. on a week night. We were the only 2 people in the theater, and we sat in the front row.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Susan
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2003, 08:22:56 PM »

My favorite time would be to go when I was the only one there, and to be honest I think 80% of the movies I've gone to were that way.That was of course in the days when I was self employed and could go in the daytime on a weekday...which I did quite often.

But now I have a real job which puts the big X on that old habit.... there are still times I seek out movies on a sunday that have been out for some time that I know there will be hardly anyone there. And that is very easy to do with the local theater here which is pretty old and is not one of those stadium seated multiplexes where the masses flock to.

I don't "need" an audience as part of the experience, in fact I sometimes prefer none. I enjoy putting my feet up on the seat in the middle of the theater and knowing that the show is playing on the big screen....just for me

ZombieFu
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2003, 12:36:19 AM »

At a theater in Minneapolis, they are showing Troma movies for a week. I have gotten to see Bloodsucking Freaks at Midnight on Sat, and today me and a friend went back today to see 3 more movies. The first movie we saw was SGT Kabukiman NYPD, it was only me, my friend and like 2 other people. I have personaly never seen a movie with that few of people. Then we all saw Tromeo & Juliet. About 7 more people came for that. The last movie we watched was Surf Nazis Must Die, and it was up to about 20 people!

Well, i am going back to see all 4 Toxic Avenger movies in a row on tues! I wonder how the crowd will be that night!

ZombieFu
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2003, 02:17:53 PM »

Never had a theatre to myself. I've come close, but a whole bunch of people usually come piling in at the last minute, often with a really noisy group choosing to sit right behind me, in spite of row upon row of available seats.

Just last weekend, my wife and I went to see Seabisquit. It was just us and another couple, three or four rows down, until what looked like a seniors' bus tour came marching in.

I agree with Susan. The audience isn't a necessity for me either. While the whole shared experience thing is nice, especially with comedies, I mainly go there for the big picture and surround sound, because I like to immerse myself in the movie and really try to get the most out of it. Plenty of time for discussion on the drive home. It annoys me when I keep getting jarred back to reality by people talking, moving around, and not realizing that although nobody is sitting in the seat in front of them, the vibration travels down the whole row when they kick the back of it. I especially hate sitting near people who only pay attention during action sequences, then hold a little conversation during the dialogue. I find them in every theatre. Those of us who just want to quietly enjoy the movie are forced into the crappy seats just for some peace.

I suppose I don't need a theatre to myself. I'd be happy with a theatre full of people who are at least somewhat aware that they don't have it to themselves either.

Post Edited (08-25-03 17:53)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2003, 07:41:49 PM »

So long as "to yourself" means my wife, a friend, and me.

We had gone to the movies and we walked into an empty theater.  They had left two of the poles with rope between them (that they use to herd people in certain directions).  On a whim, I placed them across the aisle, around the third row in.

We watched the whole movie (down near the center) and then, as the lights came on, I noticed that the back three rows were nearly full of people.  Nobody had come past the barrier.

Wish I could remember which movie it was.  Maybe "Spiderman?"

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2003, 09:31:21 PM »

<>

LMAO!!

Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2003, 08:37:23 PM »

IĀ“ve seen"WAking life"completely alone.Just me and my girlfriend.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ever Had the Theater to Yourself? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.