Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:49:04 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Upcoming B movies to look forward to. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Upcoming B movies to look forward to.  (Read 1420 times)
I luv dolma
« on: August 26, 2003, 01:53:00 PM »

While I'm not sure the release date, Star Ship Troopers 2 will be coming out to DVD soon, straight-to-video of course. I'm not sure what the budget for the first film was but it was probably a lot since it featured some fantastic special effects and cast. Now the sequel has only a budget of six million, which is a lot for a straight-to-video yet it promises from awful effects. I went to the official website which had a lot of pics from the film, and literally none of the CGI Arachnid, that I found. Anyway, this looks like a total bash of a film. I can picture someone going to the video store on a Friday night and thinking the film probably came out to the cinemas and he just didn't hear about it, and goes to watch it with his girlfriend or friends. Hilarious. This will be a total bash for b movie fans.

And then there is Leprechaun 6: Back in Da Hood. This was supposed to be released back in July, yet with problems it will come out December 30th. So Warwick Davis is back in the Hood. Its like the filmmakers couldn't think of a new place to throw him in. First it was the countryside, then Las Vegas, then Space, and then the Hood. With part six, this guy is turning out to be the next Jason or Freddy. And no, I'm not joking. I'll be sure to rent Leprechaun 6.

Jim Wynorski (aka Jay Andrews) is done working on a none Roger Corman movie called Curse of the Komodo. Shot in Hawaii and features 90 CGI shots of a giant campy green lizard chomping on b movie stars such as Tim Abell, Richard Gabai, and Mellissa Brasselle who all appeared in his earlier film, Raptor. There will also be zombies in the movie and lots of nudity, as promised from all his other films. The movie is due out in January.

If you don't like spending money, or too eager to catch a flick. The Sci-fi channel will air Spiders 2 next Saturday. Sounds like a winner. I love it how they never acctually put the "monster" in the primetime commercial.
Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 08:19:32 PM »

Bandito,going by director alone,is sureb to be a B-Movie.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 08:37:45 AM »

I luv dolma wrote:

> Jim Wynorski (aka Jay Andrews) is done working on a none Roger
> Corman movie called Curse of the Komodo. Shot in Hawaii and
> features 90 CGI shots of a giant campy green lizard chomping on
> b movie stars such as Tim Abell, Richard Gabai, and Mellissa
> Brasselle who all appeared in his earlier film, Raptor.

Which isn't really confidence-inspiring, as all of the FX shots from Raptor were cribbed from the three Carnosaur movies.  ("Jay Andrews" is usually the name he uses when he's making stock-footage movies -- somebody else's airplanes, boats, dinosaurs, what have you...)

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
dean
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 08:42:57 AM »

they made starship troopers two? i was shocked as it is to learn they made a game and tv series...

and its not a good movie without kickass arachnids.  and a budget of six mill aint going to make it good

not matter what they say

which is why i'll watch it!! it'd be great to watch! :D
I luv dolma
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 03:47:27 PM »

Jim Wynorski is a brilliant director. Even better then Speilburg. Hey, if Speilburg only had $30,000 to spend on a movie, won't you think he would come up with crap as well?
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2003, 04:00:25 PM »

Yeah, gods  I thought that name was familiar. Man, has he been churning out the cheese

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 04:01:50 PM »

SST 2 sounds great.  A sequel to a bad movie, at a tenth the price, how can you go wrong?
Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 07:37:51 PM »

Did you know that Paul Verhoeven was elected as one of the Worst Directors Ever rfor"Starship Troopers"?
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2003, 08:19:04 PM »

<>

You would think he would have for Showgirls!! That movie makes Starship Troopers look like a masterpiece!!

Paul Hotbranch
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2003, 12:55:08 AM »

No,Elizabeth Berkley was named one of the Worst Actresses Ever for"Showgirls".
dean
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2003, 09:53:16 AM »

and here i am thinking starship troopers was well made, and i enjoyed it, despite the cheese factor.

i really need to develop a sense of taste! :P
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Upcoming B movies to look forward to. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.