Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:28:19 AM
714425 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Labor Day Weekend Viewings................... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Day Weekend Viewings...................  (Read 891 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: September 02, 2003, 12:11:05 AM »

Beside seeing the Drum Corps International World Championships on PBS today I did see a few things that  I didn't get to see all the way thru, but here is what I caught parts of because of a midday Labor Day party I had to go to:

WAR GOD OF THE DEEP  (1965) - It looked good with Vincent Price in an undersea Edgar Allen Poe story. I couldn't watch the whole thing as I had to leave while also switching back and forth with GODZILLA vs KING GHIDORAH.

GODZILLA vs KING GHIDORAH (1991) - Liked what I seen of this film. Looked like Godzilla on staroids with that puffed up chest.

ON THE BEACH (1959) - Only seen the end of this film this time. Last time I only seen the beginning of the film. The film looks sharp, but I can barely understand whats going on. I must be missing something from the middle of the picture. Gregory Peck and Anthony Perkins star in this one about nuclear holocast.

TOUCH OF EVIL (1958) - Great looking film that has a great feel as well. Orson Welles directs this fantastic cinemagraphic film that takes place on Mexican/American border towns. Seen about 40 minutes of this film.

WAKING NED DEVINE (1998) - Well if your going to see this you should rent it so you can rewind to miss what you couldn't understand of the Irish accents. Not sure if I'll give it another chance.

EL MARIACHI (1992) - I thought I did see EL MARIACHI but I actually seen DESPERADO a couple years back. Well EL MARICACHI has subtitles and the only part that I seen was the end where he gets his hand blow off and he rides away. The film that I did see DESPERADO was a good film with Banderas, Hyatt, Marin, and Buscemi. I'll be renting EL MARIACHI soon so I can see the whole thing.

I did see the complete documentaries on Bravo this weekend on Middle East oppression of women and young people. About three films one on Afganistan, one on Syria, and one on Iran. Phew excellent stuff if you have an interest. Remember the women on the news who was executed in a stadium in Afganistan? Well they did a documentary and investigated the whole story. Much better than the news ever did.

Steven Millan
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 12:18:05 AM »

I just saw both "Iron Monkey 2"(no relations to the first film,with some great fight sequences,and Donnie Yen in a small supporting role as the title hero,with two younger actors taking on most of the heroic chores here,amid the often showing low budget),and "Blood Feast 2" (forget that Rob Zombie monstrosity,for THIS is the real movie to be loudly raving about: sick chunkblowing gore,heavy handed misogyny,scantily clad babes,a sleeping guy's body in every scene gag,John Waters as a gay priest,a serial killer who acts like Bob Goldswaith,and enough pure sleaze to officially become Roger Ebert's worst nightmare come to life).
              I'm going to now watch "Phone Booth",see you all later.......
Fearless Freep

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 01:06:04 AM »

I didn't get to see much TV today.  Was busying working on a magazine ad for my web site...

Did let the kids see "Godzilla vs Monster Zero" again so I caught parts of that. Also finally finished up "Screamers"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 04:40:55 AM »

Ummmmm......

What are "staroids"?

Are they space steroids?

Haha!

I'm such a f**king smartass!

I just couldn't help myself!

Post Edited (09-02-03 04:41)
dean
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 11:37:42 AM »

i recently saw the remake of "on the beach" and thought it was ok.  its comforting to know that if there's ever a nuclear holocaust, i'll be one of the last ones to go! [i live in melbourne, where the movie is set]

:P

as for El Mariachi, i love that movie.  it was shot on a pretty low budget, so for that i'm pretty damn happy with the result.  apparently there's a third one in the series now, so i hope its even better.
Old MacDonald
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2003, 12:11:24 PM »

I watched Snake Island, starring William Katt (dear God did it suck. Just dull, dull, dull.  Where is MST3K when you need them?) Head of State (gag) and Slash. Slash actually was a pretty good movie. It had Steve Railsback in it some cute girls (no boobies) and I'd reccomend it. Anyone else seen it or Snake Island?
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2003, 03:09:38 PM »

Blood Feast 2 sounds interesting.

ASHTHECAT, I remember trying to figure out how to spell steroid last night. I knew it didn't look right, but it was late and decided to go for it. I didn't realize the star power  the word "staroid" could conjure up. When I read your post I couldn't stop laughing.

I need to make a movie.

By the way I just seen BANDIDO on the Western Channel. Good Western starring Robert Mitchum. I really like those Mexican revolution films. Nothing like a prisoner anticipating an execution squad. Love that stuff. Mexico is fasinating. Both the culture and history.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Labor Day Weekend Viewings................... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.