Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:53:00 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies Based on Your Profession « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Movies Based on Your Profession  (Read 7850 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: September 02, 2003, 02:09:55 AM »

I was wondering if there are any movies based on what you do for a living.

I'm still unemployed at the moment but my last job was as a security guard which I worked for quite awhile.

"Armed & Dangerous" with John Candy & Eugene Levy is the only security guard film I can think of off the top of my head.

What do you do for a living and can you think of any films where the stars worked at the same type of job you do or where the film revolves around your particular profession?

Post Edited (09-02-03 02:11)
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 07:59:46 AM »

I would have to say that Office Space relates to my job the most.  The pure dislike of the boss, the annoying people, etc.  Clerks would also be another film that relates slightly to my job.  Stupid customers, asking stupid questions.  Getting stuck working on your days off.  The frustration of working instead of going to college (changing soon).  

Hackers also slightly relates, being as most of us here enjoy a little bit of hacking.  Some of the workers here (not me) actually log into their home computers from here and hack while at work.  

Also, if there are any tech support films that anyone can think of, let me know.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ellie
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 09:35:07 AM »

The movie that comes to mind is "One hour Photo". I am a cashier/photo tech at a drug store. When I compliment a customer about how good their photos turned out..I mention that I am not anything like Sye the photo guy. E.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 10:27:35 AM »

I'm a software developer by profession (R4H Software)  There have been a lot of movies depicting my career in various ways, none very accurately that I can think of.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 12:23:52 PM »

Ummm...The Horse Whisperer...ewww

Thanks for the thought, Ash, now I'll be obsessed all day.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2003, 12:49:24 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen any movies about postal workers, other than THE POSTMAN, which I haven't seen and isn't really about a postal worker anyway [I did read the book.]

I guess any movie about factory workers would substitute in my case...it's basically the same.  

When I saw that movie OFFICE SPACE I just couldn't understand what those people had to complain about...just about everyone I work with would kill to be in their situation, but I guess it's just a class thing.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2003, 03:17:42 PM »

Other movies that have Security Guards in them are DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS and HALLOWEEN 2.

raj

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2003, 03:44:08 PM »

Can't think of any based on law librarians, though the chick in The Mummy was a librarian.
JohnL

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2003, 05:16:18 PM »

>I don't think I've ever seen any movies about postal workers, other than THE
POSTMAN

Dear God - Postal workers start reading, and answering the letters that are addressed to God.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2003, 05:42:40 PM »

I'm a CPA. I work for a consulting firm. I don't think a movie about my profession would be very exciting. In fact, the only way I maintain my sanity is by going home and watching movies to escape from reality!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2003, 06:38:33 PM »

Forgot all about DEAR GOD.

At Christmas I believe postal workers do actually read some of the letters to Santa and sometimes help out when the kid is from a needy family.
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2003, 06:58:51 PM »

I work as a lab tech for an orthodontics firm
I don't recall any movie about a person who makes braces going nuts or anything.
But if they ever do they can always come to where I work for research

BTW should anyones kids need braces make sure the dentist uses TP products and keep me working

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2003, 07:11:44 PM »

I'm a receptionist...can't think of any movies featuring a receptionist as the lead character.  Whenever my profession appears in a movie, it's usually to greet the main character and talk exposition with them, or alternate the nemesis that Trouble has arrived, then the receptionist either leaves for the day or gets iced by the mutant killer alien cyborg out gunning for the main character and/or the nemesis.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2003, 07:15:28 PM »

I don't have a job but I'm making my own comic book (not being published) and there has been a "Tales from the Crypt" episode where a comic book artist's monster comic come to life because he's started taking these pills, (what kind of pills were those, I wonder?"

-the first rule of fat club-
SkullNinja
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2003, 09:20:56 PM »

I worked my way through my undergrad program doing bail enforcement ala MIDNIGHT RUN.

Now, I teach high school social sciences and there are a thousand movies about that.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies Based on Your Profession « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.