Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:45:50 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies Based on Your Profession « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Movies Based on Your Profession  (Read 7851 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2003, 10:03:35 AM »

Working Girl?
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2003, 12:24:30 PM »

No Respiratory Therapist movies that I know of, although an "Inhalation therapist" figured in an episode of ER, with Benson having a fling with one--didn't last long, as I recall.  Figures.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2003, 01:24:47 PM »

How about the Ken Russell film, WHORE?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2003, 08:08:54 PM »

Let's see...I run an underground music venue, so maybe Suburbia or The Decline of Western Civilization? I dunno. Some punk movie.

I also work at a motel sometimes. Motel Hell? Mountaintop Motel Massacre? The Shining?

I teach at a community college....Zombie University....

I'm a transcriber for some lawyers....hmmm....Secretary?

Susan
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2003, 06:35:37 PM »

Office Space..hands down.
Although it isn't the fax machine we want to take into the field and kick the crap out of..it's the copier (and the boss..hehe)
"Clockwatchers" captured my temp days pretty good
Can't think there are any movies revolving around the health insurance industry.

Come to think of it nothing really matches my last job either which I helped run a weather business spending a good deal of my free time in the day going to movies.

I guess that's why I like movies like The Matrix. From the mundane 9-5 to saving the world. Most of the time my real life doesn't feel so real either. Where's my pill?

Post Edited (09-05-03 18:40)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2003, 01:53:20 PM »

OFFICE SPACE...i worked for the international world dominating german company known as Siemens as a technical writer. i wrote computer and user manuals. we had "TPS" reports out the yin yang (had to account for all of our time during the day, even time spent writing down our time) and it only kept getting worse. which is why i left and wound up as a teacher's aid for at-risk HS students. now i'm a newspaper reporter.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

G-man
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2003, 06:10:39 PM »

Hey! You didn't say they had to be good movies. But, Cocktails best fits my profession. However, I liked Cocktails, and its the movie that motivated me to be a Bartender.
petrol lunatic
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2003, 01:39:32 AM »

I work at an ice cream shop, there are movies about people who drive ice cream trucks, but I like to consider myself above that.
I could say I'm  a college student because I spend more time at school than work, but there are too many movies about college students.

and soon you will feel it
while the wind is blowing and the blood is boiling
it won't be no dream and no one will hear you scream
crawling out of the dark
BlackAngel
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2003, 02:00:14 AM »

Well, being a subway conductor, the only movie I can think of is Money Train.  I did work as a security guard before my current job, but there are lots of movie with thoses guys.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bulls**t, I still can't hear you, sound off like you got a pair.
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2003, 07:40:12 AM »

I work for Connexions, a sort of catch-all plus Careers service for young people.  Any film based on our work would be repetitious, boring and depressing.  As I once half-joked about referring young people to training schemes to get qualified, we send the unemployable to the incompetent in search of the unattainable.
Still, if any agents are looking for greying, cynical, large males approaching middle age, I'm your man.

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
dean
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2003, 07:40:34 AM »

i'm unemployed [sorta] at the moment and i can think of many adam sandler films that involve that.  

i also referee basketball, and can only think of some movie with billy crystal in it that had him being a referee, and calling no score on a buzzer shot by shaq or someone.  so i'll shut up [billy crystal is only good in some stuff, alot, along with the movie i mentioned, isn't too great]
Fearless Freep

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2003, 10:46:14 AM »

we send the unemployable to the incompetent in search of the unattainable.

Sounds like a variation on my signature :)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2003, 03:53:12 PM »

ErikJ wrote:

> I work as a lab tech for an orthodontics firm
> I don't recall any movie about a person who makes braces going
> nuts or anything.
> But if they ever do they can always come to where I work for
> research
>
> BTW should anyones kids need braces make sure the dentist uses
> TP products and keep me working
>

Hey, there is the Whole Nine Yards. fun movie. Involves a dentist Matthew Perry

jmc wrote:

> I don't think I've ever seen any movies about postal workers,
> other than THE POSTMAN, which I haven't seen and isn't really
> about a postal worker anyway [I did read the book.]
>

I don't know, David Arquette did postmen a great disservice with his movie See Spot Run.

Being a college student, I am gglad to point at my life as Animal House... oh I wish.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2003, 12:16:31 AM »

Well, I have 2 movies I can name. I've worked as a dresser in the theater and there is the movie The Dresser with Tom Courtenay and Albert Finney. Currently, I'm a photography major, and the only two photography movies I can think of right now are The Eyes Of Laura Mars (curiously one that I haven't even seen), and Funny Face where Fred Astaire plays a fashion photographer loosely based on Richard Avedon (who really at the time was quite a young man).

NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2003, 01:57:12 AM »

<>

OMG! My dad is a dental tech with his own lab (he specializes in crowns and bridges), and I think a dark comedy about a dental lab would be freaking twisted. My dad has tons of bad stories about the lab and office antics that went on when he was working for others during the '70s and early '80s. Hell, he still has to deal with some idiot dentists.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies Based on Your Profession « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.