Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:17:32 PM
714404 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  jurrassic park 3 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: jurrassic park 3  (Read 2363 times)
tyler durden
« on: July 22, 2001, 09:46:38 AM »

Please tell me that there is one sane person out there that saw this piece of expensive crap for what it was .Lame ,poorly written crap,nothing more,nothing less.If i was ten to thirteen years old, I might have gotten half my money worth but come on people ,this stinking piece of s**t should have been stuck on a shelf somewhere and forrgotten,only to be remembered ten years later as one of the worst big budget flicks to come around since Dune.I live for bad movies, they make life worth living,but the audacity of Spielberg and his cronies to dump this misguided mess into a summer of already mediocre and downright lousy summer movies makes me think that maybe the whole crew of criminals involved in this fiasco thought they were shooting fish in a barrel and that a script really was'nt that important and that we would only be there for the cgi tech stuff.Well people ,its time for the moviegoer of the year 2000 to stand up and say ,if you can't put up ,then shutup and we can actually follow a plot and that money talks, bulls**t walks.  Shame on you Mr.Speilberg and your bunch of misguided  garbage peddlars.
Chris K.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2001, 11:20:11 AM »

I agree with you in some parts that JURASSIC PARK 3 is a dud. But, this is an example of an idea that has run it's course. It's happened with the Evil Dead and Basket Case series in which only three were made. So JURASSIC PARK 3 will signal the end of a overdone and pointless run that was only made to sell toys. What a pity!

But I never enjoyed the first one either. And I was bored stiff on the second one (hell I was outraged that Mr. Speilberg had the nerve to rip-off the "dinosaur attacking the town" scene from the 1925 version of THE LOST WORLD for his JURASSIC PARK 2-Jesus, give some credit where credit is due Mr. Speilberg). Speilberg has also disappointed me with his film ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE since it was based on a story by Stanley Kubrick. I am not a Kubrick fan, but I can tell that his version was mangled by Speilbergs intentions. I am told by many that Kubrick's version was deep, dark, and thought provoking to the fact that it could have been the next A CLOCKWORK ORANGE! But Speilberg changed it to his stupid "in black in white" storyline in which it has a "happy" ending for all of us who need to get out of the real world. Well, I would rather watch a film that takes place in the real world than seeing a pointless mock-up of what life is supposed to be like. I just hope Speilberg will retire from film REAL SOON in order to keep him away from a script or a camera.

Of course, this is not the only crappy movie that Hollywood has given us this year. SCARY MOVIE 2, FREDDY GOT FINGERED, PEARL HARBOR, and others were the order of the day when it came to the "movies that are crap" category. So JURASSIC PARK 3 will rank up there as well no matter what the critics say.
Chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2001, 01:17:42 PM »

Well the packed audience I saw it with laughed, cheered, and applauded when the credits rolled.  Being a monster fan I loved seeing all the dinosaurs in action (the fight between the T-rex and Spino was a hoot, although too short) and wasn't expecting a well written 'film' at all (considering the one ply toilet tissue thin scripts of the first two).  William Macy's grumbling about the chaotic nature of the shoot cued me in that it would more than likely be a mostly plotless blunder.  Like many other movies of this kind it clearly came up with action scenes first, then tried to build a story to connect them together (not a particularly good way to create a movie, but they never learn).  About the only great thing this movie had was Shelly Johnson's cinematography, which was absolutley scrumptious.  Dark but still clear, loved it.  Besides, the Spino is worth seeing.  Stan Winston is the king animatronic monster builder on the planet.  And how many other people started humming the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme when Dr. Grant got his fedora back?  I did.

Lesson learned
Cell phones swallowed by dinsosaurs can easily be heard inside them, even from large distances!

Actual dialog between my wife and I while watching JP3
"Just how long do you think the black guy is gonna last?"
30 seconds later,
while laughter "NOT LONG!"
Hairzilla
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2001, 04:30:25 PM »

I think that your comments definitely have validity Tyler.  However, I have to say that, with the exception of the annoying presence of a certain, blonde cast member, I enjoyed JP3. It SHOULD have been, for all intents and purposes, the FIRST sequel to be made. Had THAT been the case, I bet that the overall response to it would be much more positive! As far as why I liked it, let me just hit ya with a couple of things:

In defense of JP3's admittedly basic plot: All of the obligatory, "important" information that supports the whole concept of this series was thoroughly presented in the first film.  It was neither necessary, nor workable, to carry it over any further. JP3's basic storyline does an effective job of bringing all of the main elements together, and then accomplishes what it sets out to do: take the audience on a fun ride.

Unlike the second film, which pretty much just repeated [to my utter disgust of it's lack of originality] all of the "big" moments in the first, JP3 succeeds in keeping every dino' encounter balanced, and without overdoing any particular one. And, unless you saw the previews and got an idea for where certain parts were, this movie ["I thought you said it was a muuuvie, Norb'" ...Sorry... had an "Angry Beavers" moment there...] wasn't nearly as predictable as the last. I still remember sitting in the theater watching JP2....which, most assureadly, began weakening my immune system for the onslaught of the dreaded "Spino-Anguirus"....and laughably predicting, with almost complete accuracy, what dinos' our miscast group of heroes would face, how, and when! Filmmaking, as I'm sure you'll agree, doesn't GET any worse than that!  

Now, what I'd really love to see is the cast of "Survivor" having to do their thing on MONSTER ISLAND! YEAH!!!
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2001, 10:40:11 AM »

Survivor on Monster Island. Would tactical Nukes be concitered extras, or just essencial for "Player Balance?"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  jurrassic park 3 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.