Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:22:29 AM
714402 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Absolute WORST movie ever made?!? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: Absolute WORST movie ever made?!?  (Read 42435 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »

What's all the hate on Dune?

I saw it during its theatrical release.  All I remember is my ass was killing me from sitting so long in the uncomfortable theater seat and I kept thinking, "WHEN is something going to happen?  WHEN is this movie going to end?"  

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Corey
New Visitor

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2011, 03:36:42 PM »

I think Arch's movies are goofy and fun to watch.  Same with Ed Wood movies.  So, I could never call these the worst ever because they have plenty of entertainment value.  That's why I lean toward movies that are bad AND boring on my worst movie lists.  CURSE OF THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN, CONQUEST, WIRED, DUNE . . . no entertainment value here.  Just snooze material.

Ahh Dune.  That really is one of the worst movies ever.  No wonder David Lynch made them remove his name from it.  Nothing redeeming about that one. 

I feel that way about Ed Wood movies too though.  I know as a bad movie fan that I am supposed to like them, but I just find them boring. 

Dune is one of my favorite movies. I don't understand why everyone hates it so much. I've always thought of it as a good long movie to sit down and relax to. Everything from the story line, quality of the acting, and quality of the overall movie sets and costumes are just fine. If you want "Bad" look no further that Scott Shaw. Anything made by this guy is painfully bad.
movie masochist
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »

Dune is one of my favorite movies. I don't understand why everyone hates it so much. I've always thought of it as a good long movie to sit down and relax to. Everything from the story line, quality of the acting, and quality of the overall movie sets and costumes are just fine. If you want "Bad" look no further that Scott Shaw. Anything made by this guy is painfully bad.

It has been a while, so I don't remember exactly what the problem was, and I'm certainly not going to watch it again to jog my memory. 

What pops into my head when I think of Dune is Kyle McLachlan wearing a terrible costume with a fake-pensive look on his face as his thoughts are communicated to the audience via a 5 minute voiceover. 

Thanks for the tip about Night of Horror.  The synopsis for that on IMDB looks like someone randomly cut and pasted from a bunch of different synopsis without looking at them first.  I'll have to check it out.   I still find it hard to believe that it is worse than The Apple though.  I'll let you know after  I watch it. 

www.thebestbadmovies.com   Only the best of the worst
Cthulhu

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »

Also, I have to mention Night of horror again. I cannot stress enough how bad this movie is.
Take a look at it's IMDB page:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202496/
Look at it. LOOK AT IT.

You can get it on stagevu.com
If you dare.
I read a review on Agony Booth, and although I haven't even watched the film I cannot see how what was reviewed can be anything but the worst movie ever. Unless, of course, the reviewer there secretly left out about 2 hours of footage where something actually happens and it's utterly epic XD

EDIT: My computer is playing funny tricks on me! When I went to highlight your web address to copy-paste it, my machine suddenly froze up and went all gray as though it was trying to prevent me from watching the movie! Ain't that adorable? Smile

It is trying to protect you.
Also, great review on the agony booth. The journal of pain helped me to get through it.

Okay, I haven't seen it in theater, so our viewing experience may differ.

I saw it during its theatrical release.  All I remember is my ass was killing me from sitting so long in the uncomfortable theater seat and I kept thinking, "WHEN is something going to happen?  WHEN is this movie going to end?" 
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »

I saw it during its theatrical release.  All I remember is my ass was killing me from sitting so long in the uncomfortable theater seat and I kept thinking, "WHEN is something going to happen?  WHEN is this movie going to end?"  

BounceGiggle

I feel your pain.
I still haven't finished it. Its so dull and slow (I'm pretty sure they showed stuff happening in the trailer). Something tells me that if it was well written, it could've been a space epic like LOTR.
But it wasn't well written.

Its kinda tainted Dune for me. If there's a remake, I'll be slightly biased against it.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
movie masochist
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2011, 03:41:04 PM »

Ok Cthulhu I finally watched Night of Horror and the verdict is.....
it is a TERRIBLE movie.  Truly abysmal. My review is here if you're interested:
http://thebestbadmovies.com/?p=150

However, I still maintain that The Apple is worse than Night of Horror.  Really.  That's how bad it is.  It has elaborate costumes and horrible song and dance numbers.  It is hard to believe that the filmmakers weren't joking when they made it, but there is no evidence that they were. 

www.thebestbadmovies.com   Only the best of the worst
arcadeaction
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2011, 05:10:23 PM »

Mmm, I think the worst movie I can remember watching (well, until I couldn't take it any longer) would be Dracula 3000.
That movie would get my vote any day.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2011, 06:44:49 PM »

I don't know if it's the all around worst but I couldn't believe Night of the Lepus. I don't care how stoned you are those bunnies are just....bunnies!
Doggett

« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2011, 07:47:39 PM »

I don't know if it's the all around worst but I couldn't believe Night of the Lepus. I don't care how stoned you are those bunnies are just....bunnies!

But they're super big !

I mean, y'know, really, really big !

Isn't it the sort of thing nightmares are made of?
Bunnies that are large!

Gives me the chills.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2011, 07:51:46 PM »

What the hey, NINJA BACHELOR PARTY deserves a nod in this thread.

Best Korean Ninja Master with a fake cardboard mustache played by an American High School Student - EVER!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2011, 01:03:40 PM »

Doggett- they do not give you the chills. it's just regular bunnies going through little model farm things.
voltron

« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2011, 04:29:28 PM »

Don't know if this was mentioned before (by others or me), but here goes:
NIGHTMARE WEEKEND!!!

Small | Large

Yeah, it's Troma, but not in the self aware "look at how AWFUL we are" Troma, seems like an attempt at being a "serious" effort a la Girl's School Screamers (another stinker).

Small | Large

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Doggett

« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »

Doggett- they do not give you the chills. it's just regular bunnies going through little model farm things.

And isn't that what true horror really is ?

Question

Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2011, 09:30:03 AM »

SCARLET FRY'S NIGHTMARE ALLEY.  I received a screener copy for Radiation-Scarred Reviews, and then was asked to cover it over at The Blood Sprayer as well.  88 minutes of pure, unrelenting fecal assault on the senses.  A CREEPSHOW like anthology film, NIGHTMARE ALLEY crams in seven/eight short films, plus wrap-around segments introduced by Scarlet Fry, looking like Dr. Caligari and surrounded by Halloween props.  The short films range from dull to nonsensical to bordering on hate crimes. 

When reviewed it, the producer/director of the film, Scarlet Fry himself, Walter Ruether, attacked me under the name "annonymous" in the comments box, calling me a fag, a homo, and declaring me unfit to review his p**s. 

http://www.bloodsprayer.com/reviews/scarlet-frys-nightmare-alley-pretorious-productions-2010/

316zombie
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2011, 04:08:44 PM »

BIRDEMIC:SHOCK AND TERROR!

need i say more?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Absolute WORST movie ever made?!? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.