Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:40:37 AM
714432 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Rush Limbaugh in BIG TROUBLE! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: Rush Limbaugh in BIG TROUBLE!  (Read 1173 times)
Chris K.
« on: October 02, 2003, 06:41:21 PM »

Just recently heard on the news that Rush Limbaugh resigned from the ESPN "Sunday NFL Countdown" for making a critical comment about Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb. But the worst has yet to come for Rush as he is said to be under investigation for perscription drug use.

Here is a small blurb on the Rush's alleged perscription drug use:

'The New York Daily News, without identifying its source, reported Thursday that Limbaugh was being investigated by the Palm Beach County state attorney's office. The newspaper said it had confirmed the allegations, first reported by the National Enquirer. CNN reported Thursday that sources close to the investigation said Limbaugh had turned up as a buyer of powerful painkillers but that he was not the target of the investigation. Mike Edmondson, a spokesman for the Palm Beach County state attorney's office, told The Associated Press his office could neither confirm nor deny that an investigation was under way. The Enquirer had interviewed Wilma Cline, who said she became Limbaugh's drug connection after working as his maid, according to the Daily News. She said Limbaugh had abused OxyContin and other painkillers. A Miami lawyer for the Clines, Ed Shohat, said Thursday, "The Clines stand by the story.'' Shohat said neither he nor his clients would comment further.'

Here is the full link to the rest of the story:
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20031001110209990033

Keeping this Off Topic moment non-political, what do you think about both Rush's comments and him being under investigation. And who wants to bet that Rush's excuse for the illegal drugs will be, "The Liberals made me do it?"
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 07:08:12 PM »

And who wants to admit that the National Enquirer is their source?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Chris K.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 08:04:01 PM »

Fearless Freep wrote:

> And who wants to admit that the National Enquirer is their
> source?

Well Fearless, if the whole thing is true then Rush has alot to answer for. Already he is in it deep for the whole ESPN incident, but with this other report might make it worse.

And yes, who wants to admit that the National Enquirer is their source? But just a few minutes ago on the radio, I heard that the source was confirmed as true and that Rush is being investigated on the subject. Either that, or the media is just having a feild day with this one.

But it will be interesting to see how it all comes out for him. If true, this is the same Rush Limbaugh that was against the legaization of drugs and that he said if anybody out there believes in drug legaization, they should be shipped to London or Zurich. Well Rush, I have a special plane ticket to London for ya'. Or would Zurich be best?
raj

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2003, 01:36:38 PM »

From what I've read about this, the source is his maid, who is in trouble herself.  Part of me smells a set up here.

One of her allegations is that she scored 4000 pills for him over a 7 week period.  That is an awful lot of pills to take.

Of course, this is far too soon to know anything.  As far as there being an investigation, that is standard operating procedure; whenever a criminal implicates another, the cops should look into the matter, just to see if there is any truth to the matter.

As for those who want to crucify Rush, would you crucify any other drug addict?  Yeah, he maybe a hypocritical pillpopping anti-druggy, but so was Elvis.  Let's wait for more facts.  A much more important story is the possibly outing of that CIA agent by someone in the Bush administration.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2003, 02:12:48 PM »

Just recently heard on the news that Rush Limbaugh resigned from the ESPN "Sunday NFL Countdown" for making a critical comment about Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb.

OK, after reading a report (from ESPN) of Rush said, I'm kinda surprised at the reaction.  All he seemed to say was that McNabb was overrated by the media because he's black and the media wanst a black quarterback to succeed.  Two aspects to that: 1) Is NcNabb overated?  I don't know, he seems to pretty much carry the Eagles some times, but can't seem to carry them all the way.  Sports analysts are always saying someone is overrated or underrated so that's no big deal 2) Racism - it seems that what Rush is saying is that the media is being racist, or racially motivated, in it's evaluation of McNabb.  Are they?  I really don't know (I'm still following the baseball playoffs), but it's certainly an opinion he's entitled to have.

In other words, in reading what Rush said,it seems to be far more a comment on a perceived racism in the media than anything about McNabb as a person and his ability related to his race. The "he's overrated because he is black" is not about the person but about the perception and portrayl of the person and is an accusation angainst those who do the portraying.

=======================
raj

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2003, 02:37:21 PM »

Here's a column defending Rush, that McNabb isn't such a great quarterback:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2089193/

"He compares McNabb to Brad Johnson:
Johnson's NFL career passer rating, as of last Sunday, is 7.3 points higher than McNabb's (84.8 to 77.5), he has completed his passes at a higher rate (61.8 percent to 56.4 percent), and has averaged significantly more yards per pass (6.84 to 5.91). McNabb excels in just one area, running, where he has gained 2,040 yards and scored 14 touchdowns to Johnson's 467 and seven. But McNabb has also been sacked more frequently than Johnson—

Johnson has something McNabb doesn't, a Super Bowl ring"

Hopefully in a couple hundred years all this race nonsense will be long gone.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2003, 03:22:46 PM »

Well, I think that's the point.  You can make a legitimate argument that McNabb os over-rated.  Well actually, sports analysts often make even illegitimate arguments that someone is over underrated.  No big deal.  f you think he's not as good as his hype, or you think he's better than he's given credit, it's a fair opinion.  To say that "McNabb is over-rated", therefore is just an opinion of his real ability or perfromance versus the common perception of the player.  No biggie, people do it all the time, and many people do it for a living.

The only reason what Rush said was even interesting was because the reason he gave of why McNabb has a good perception, better than perhaps he desearves.  

Now, if Rush had said something like "McNabb is overrated because he's black and black's can't play quarter-back", then *that* would be rascist and the people calling his remarks "bigoted and ignorant" would be right

But to say that people in the media have a desire for McNabb to succeed because he's black  is not a comment on McNabb directly, but an accusation of racism against the media.

Didn't Halle Barry make similar accusations against the Academy when she won her Oscar?

=======================
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2003, 03:28:09 PM »

Fair enough, I read the Slate articale and it was saying the same thing I was

=======================
lester1/2jr
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2003, 03:38:44 PM »

Mcnabb was bummed.  he was like "people have been saying that for my whole career".

I think there are mandatory sentences for the type of crime he is being accused of.  If he's guilty, he's toast.  He couldn't have picked a worse crime than Oxycontin abuse right now.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Rush Limbaugh in BIG TROUBLE! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.