Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:45:12 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The 96 Ouncer « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The 96 Ouncer  (Read 3277 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: October 10, 2003, 05:14:06 AM »

I watched "The Great Outdoors" the other day starring John Candy.

Remember the scene when he eats that 96 oz. steak?  (6 pounds)

Have any of you actually been to a restaurant where they serve such large slabs of meat and offer the deal like in that film where, if you can finish it, the whole family eats for free or some other similar offer?

I myself can put away steak like its nothing.
Everytime I eat a huge steak, I'm never full and always feel like I can eat a ton more.
I feel very confident that I could polish one of those steaks off.
Well I'd give it a hell of a try anyway!
And I'm also one of the few who loves the gristle!  

I'd love it if an establishment around here where I live offered such a deal!
I'd definitely try it.

I wonder how much a 96 oz. steak would cost.

What about you?

Post Edited (10-10-03 15:04)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 09:31:12 AM »

I was in a restaurant that serves a 5 pound hamburger that is free if you can eat it all.

The Chop House in Chicago also has a huge steak . . . I'm not sure how big it is, but it is NOT free if you eat it all.

A few years ago, I went to a bar/restaurant in Georgia that had 26 kinds of margueritas (one for each letter of the alphabet). They would give you a card with all the margueritas listed, and they would punch holes in them as you drank them. If you finished all of them (not necessarily all in one night . . . you could come back several times), you got a t-shirt and they hung your picture on the wall. I went there once and drank 11 in one night, but I never went back to finish the rest of them.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 10:10:36 AM »

I love to eat, and I like steak, but a six-pound slab of meat is definitely beyond my abilities. Can't imagine what it would be like to digest all that, even if I could get it down.

I'm not really a fan of big steaks anyway. Not enough surface area for the amount of meat. All the good grill flavour is on the outside. I once bought a t-bone that was at least 2 pounds (cost me over $13 CDN at the meat counter). It was hard to cook (I like 'em very well done, but not burnt), and mostly just tasted like roast beef, which I'm not so fond of. I would have been better off buying two regular-sized t-bones.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 10:29:49 AM »

Six pounds of anything is a lot of food.  It's probably doubtful that you have a stomach big enough to hold that much.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/JonathanCheng.shtml

Of course, I'd like to take a crack at it myself.  There was a restaurant in Honolulu that had a 20 or 30 egg omelette.  I felt I could probably eat it if I had advance notice.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 02:18:39 PM »

I've seen a couple places here in south dakota that have things like that, one had a 64 ounce prime rib deal and the other had a 32 ounce one that came with a meal so you need to eat the other things too but I can't remember the names of the places.

What about place that give you things for eating spicy foods instead of amount. don't some places give you things if you can handle their hottest wings?
raj

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 03:08:28 PM »

I've just started a thing at a local bar that has about 500 different beers.  If you finish them all (not at one time) I think they give you a new liver.

Personally a 12 oz. steak is enough for me.  Especially with potato & yes, veggies.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 03:45:35 PM »

I know the pizza restauraunts, "Old Chicago", have a 'world beer tour'.  112 beers from all over the world and you can get a punch card or something to record what you've had.

Not sure about a prize.

Hmm..now a prize for spicy food I could get into!

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 05:04:16 PM »

I was working in Portugal a few years ago and I went to a restaurant that served something called a "Rambo Steak." Naturally, I ordered it. I was disappointed because it was only about 1 or 1 1/2 pounds of beef. I easily ate the whole thing, but I didn't get it free.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 08:23:48 PM »

I recall a friend telling me about a place in Toronto where they offered a free meal if you could finish an order of their hottest wings. He couldn't do it. Worse still, he suffered twice - when he ate them, and when they came out later.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2003, 09:35:28 PM »

Yea ASHTHECAT that place where if you finish it you eat free is in Amarillo, Texas. Can't remember the name of it.

Bmeansgood
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2003, 09:43:05 PM »

Hey Cat,

There are two places like that just down the interstate from you in Des Moines.  One is Grandma Max's restaurant/truck stop by Adventureland.  If you eat a 5 pound hamburger you get it for free (unless they changed it).   A friend of mine tried it a few years ago.   He was about 3/4 the way through it and there was a crowd of about 10 people (strangers) gathered around our table cheering him on to finish it.  He tried to pound it down and then completely lost it.  In the midst of our "Go-Go-Go" chant he puked it all up on the table.   I remember watching random truck drivers laugh so hard they cried.    Needless to say our waitress was not too happy.

The second place is the Texas Cattle Company by Merle Hay Mall.  You have to eat something like a 60 oz steak and a couple baked potatoes within a certain amount of time.  If you are able to do it I think you eat for free (or half price).  They also take your picture and put it on the wall next to the other people who have accomplished that monumental task.
Ash

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2003, 10:10:43 PM »

Damn!

A 5 pound burger!!

I can't even begin to imagine how big that would be.

It would be at least a foot wide and 5 to 6 inches tall!

Is the beef one huge chunk or is it several patties stacked on top of each other?

An enormous burger would be very different to chow down than a big steak I think.

Either way.....I'd give it a try!

Maybe next summer if I go to Adventureland I'll have to stop by that place and go for it.

Post Edited (10-10-03 22:12)
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2003, 11:39:45 PM »

There is a place near Aberdeen that serves a 72 ounce steak, some greens, and a potato.  (I think you get 45 minutes to finish the entire meal.)  It can be done and here is how:

Get used to pounding in a quart of water in one go.  A standard canteen is one quart.  Work up until you can do 1 1/2 to even 2 quarts.  Be careful though, because taking in too much water can give you problems.  One of which is that you can run out of salt.  In general, if you start forgetting stuff or having massive stomach pains, something is wrong.  You should never be in pain doing on this, though I have seen plenty of people vomit after drinking too much water too quickly.

That morning get up and have a huge, prolonged breakfast.  You should be eating until you are stuffed.  For me, I need to finish up breakfast around 10:00.  Then, all day, you pound water to keep your stomach distended.  At 6:00 pm, you go and eat your meal.  Make sure the place does not have any rules in place about using the bathroom during your meal, that could change things - depending on your last urination.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2003, 11:47:52 PM »

The worst thing I can think of after eating such a meal would be the gargantuan dump you'd have to take!

We're talking 2 flushes and half a roll of toilet paper!

I can imagine that I wouldn't come out of the bathroom for at least an hour.  
Maybe longer.

Hehe!

Post Edited (10-10-03 23:49)
daveblackeye15
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2003, 12:18:54 AM »

ASHTHECAT: >The worst thing I can think of after eating such a meal would be the gargantuan dump you'd have to take!

We're talking 2 flushes and half a roll of toilet paper!

I can imagine that I wouldn't come out of the bathroom for at least an hour.
Maybe longer.

Hehe!<

HAHAHA! I didn't think about that part. Me? I hate steak. I don't like the flavor that much and it's just to chewy for me , I have this problem where I worry I'll choke on chewy things. Now, a five pound hamburger; a huge sausage patty; tons of hashbrowns (with a plenty of ketchup)  or one helluva hot dog (don't forget the mustard) I'd give it a try. After the huge dump I'd probably go on a diet or starve myself for a day and a half.

-the first rule of fat club-
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The 96 Ouncer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.