Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:34:06 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  house of 1000 corpses just another texas chainsaw massacre? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: house of 1000 corpses just another texas chainsaw massacre?  (Read 978 times)
tralalog
« on: October 11, 2003, 04:41:32 AM »

thats what i thought anyway...pretty much the same movie, just with lame attempts at humor.... at least he ripped it off before that douche michael bay redid it.  i'm refusing to watch that b/c no one who makes a movie as bad as armegeddon has a right to live, let alone make more movies.   what is that bastard doing remaking a true horror classic?
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 03:07:56 PM »

What is anyone doing remaking a true horror classic?

Yeah, House was similar, except it didn't have any real suspense or scares, just gore and "shock."
tralalog
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 02:19:37 AM »

michael  bay remade texas chainsaw massacre, he must be stopped!
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 11:30:35 AM »

i noticed rob zombie made an ode to a lot of 80's and seventies horror movies, hell there was even a reference to  A Clockwoek Orange with the mask one of the redneck family members was wearing.  & i swear there was one scene that was framed exactly like a scene from Killer Klowns, the last part where they were all dancing in the animal costumes totally reminded me of The Wicker Man too. i think it was more of Rob's love letter to horror movies, so i didn't approach it in the least serious attitude. as far as the director of TCM remake...scary...
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 01:59:41 PM »

My problem is that I would rather watch those original films than the homages to them.  I guess it's good in that it might turn people on to those old films, but I was a little bored by 1000 Corpses.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 10:11:47 PM »

I just watched House of 1000 Corpses last night and never has the phrase "trainwreck of a movie" seemed to appropriate. (contains spoilers)

I wasn't expecting a great movie and I tend to cut cheesy horror films a lot of slack, but this film was all over the place. Between the dark settings and colored lighting, I couldn't even tell what I was looking at half the time. I couldn't even tell the victims apart. I mean, first one guy gets chopped up and turned into fishboy, then the other guy gets partially scalped, then there's another guy who seems mostly ok. Did I miss something? Where'd this guy come from? Who were the girls in the shed? Were there only two cops in the entire county? How was this family able to kill hundreds or if the title is correct, 1000 people without anybody noticing that this area was like a land-based Bermuda Triangle for tourists? What's with all the freaks hanging out in the caves? Practically every scene had some new freak popping out of the woodwork. Why would they stay there and even participate in the killing? What's with all the video clips of the various family members, did they have their own cable access show?

Showing the family members talking and watching TV seemed like a mistake to me. How scarey would Leatherface have been if TCM had had scenes of him sitting around with the family talking about how he needs to pick up more gas for his chainsaw?

Sheri Moon started out hot, but by her third scene or so, I started to get sick of her semi-retarded act and wanted to see her get chopped into little pieces.

I read that there's an alternate ending where Captain Spaulding saves the girl at the end. I wish they'd used that ending rather than the one they did because then at least the end wouldn't have been so predictable. Even the gore wasn't that impressive since everything was tinted different colors and filmed in dark rooms.

So to sum it up, completely predictable, confusing, dark and annoying.
Haze
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 01:57:17 PM »

I really enjoyed this one. One of the best this year. The movie doesn't scare, but I will be damned if it doesn't entertain with the solid script, amusing characters, and kinetic direction.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 02:54:58 PM »

i agree with you an JMC, it did get old quick. the last 30-45 minutes of the movie was absolutely exhausting and the ending seemed to be a combo of TCM and the Wickerman on acid.
 ***oh and this is absolutely the worst film to watch when you have a hangover. just thought i'd help everyone out ahead of time.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2003, 03:02:24 AM »

If he had included a few scenes where nothing was going on or when the characters thought they were safe it would have made it more intense, but instead he just gave us overkill and by the end it was just numbing.  He should have taken a cue from Texas Chainsaw in that respect--that bit where you think she's gotten away and has escaped to the gas station makes the rest of the film that much worse.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  house of 1000 corpses just another texas chainsaw massacre? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.