Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:05:36 AM
714441 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  attack of the giant.. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: attack of the giant..  (Read 1725 times)
Susan
« on: October 17, 2003, 08:23:15 PM »

How many movies can you think of with real life animals/insects etc that have by gamma ray, radioative cloud, or what have you...turn into giant man-eating creatures? I was just thinking of some and how humerous it must have been when pitching the idea..like giant rabbits in "Night of the Lepus".

"King Kong" and animals of "Mystery Island" come to mind even tho they are naturally that size.

Although the names slip my mind there's the giant mantis, ants and spider.
Wonder why they never had giant poodles...

Post Edited (10-17-03 20:34)
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 08:40:38 PM »

Them
Begining of the End
Tarantula
Cyclops
Amazing Colossal Man
and its sequel War of the Colossal Beast
Frankenstien Conquers the World
and its sequel War of the Gargantuans
Son of Godzilla
Black Scorpion
(not the super hero flick)
Deadly Mantis
Killer Shrews
Attack of the Giant Leeches
Food of the Gods 1 and 2
Empire of the Ants
Earth v. the Spider
(not the one with Dan Ackroyd)
Village of the Giants
Spiders
Godbeast of Indian Flats
Godzilla
(not the original)
Eight Legged Freaks

and I know there are a bunch of others that I'm forgetting.  It think maybe The Giant Spider Invasion, too, but I can't remember if the spiders came from the Black Hole or not...

(Not all of these has man eaters in them, I know, but I thought that close enough would be okay.)

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Susan
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 10:39:42 PM »

Spiders have always been the popular choice it seems. What is that one...night of the iguana or something? Big lizard..slurp slurp ;-)

Good list - I've seen alot of movies, I just forget the names after awhile. Early senility i guess.

Tremors (I keep thinking there's another one with giant worms or something like that)
Mimic

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 11:06:23 PM »

Oh, lord, how could I have missed Mimic?

There's also Digby, the Biggest Dog in the World and The Thirty Foot Bride of Cady Rock.  As well as the Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman movies.

Oh, and Konga.  Although that almost doesn't count, does it?

Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 04:29:56 PM »

Don't forget the film-within-a-film in the lovingly-crafted "Matinee", called, I think, "Mant". Not sure if the Ymir counts or not since the only radiation it got was UV rays from good old Sol ...

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 04:33:45 PM »

Don't ask me why, but when I read Mant, I suddenly remembered Blue Monkey.  Strange thing, my brain.

Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2003, 05:06:41 PM »

> Wonder why they never had giant poodles...

There was a large zombie poodle monster in "The Boneyard."  That might count.

And, EGAD!  "Blue Monkey!"  If I remember correctly, the person is stung (or something) by a plant and ends up belching forth the parasite that eventually grows into a cross between the Fly (from "Return of the Fly)" and a praying mantis.

I remember that "Popcorn" had a giant mosquito movie inside the movie that seemed a lot better than the real film.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Susan
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 05:51:47 PM »

>>There was a large zombie poodle monster in "The Boneyard." <<

That might be worth seeing just for that scene alone..lol

>>I remember that "Popcorn" had a giant mosquito movie inside the movie that seemed a lot better than the real film.
<<

Reminds me, "Skeeter".

Also forgot:
Anaconda
Alligator
Attack of the 50 ft woman (hehe)
The Black Scorpion
Clash of the Titans had a good scene with giant scorpions as well

Also does anyone remember a movie with a giant squirrel in it? This is in my head and I swear i've seen it somewhere

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 05:51:53 PM »

II loved Blue Monkey.  The life cycle of the monster makes no sense, and God knows what else is wrong with it, but I remember loving it all the same.  I can't quite explain it, but it's true.

Speaking of Popcorn (another good movie), we've also got Skeeter, Mosquito, and Ticks.  There's also a British flick with giant grasshoppers and a friendly space alien that I can't quite remember.  Also, didn't The Nest end with a giant cockroach attack?

I keep wanting to say Mothra, but I think she was big before the radiation came.

(Damnation Ally just popped up in my head, too.  Giant scorpions right at the beginning...)

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2003, 08:05:54 PM »

The giant squirrel film was "Class of Nuke'Em High Part 2" and the British movie with giant insects and a friendly alien was "The Cosmic Monsters."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2003, 08:29:24 PM »

Andrew wrote:

> The giant squirrel film was "Class of Nuke'Em High Part 2" and
> the British movie with giant insects and a friendly alien was
> "The Cosmic Monsters."
>

Thank you.  That one was bothering me.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2003, 10:46:29 AM »

You're all forgetting the segment in Woody Allen's EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT SEX . . . BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK, where John Carradine plays a mad scientist who creates a giant female breast. The breast ends up chasing Woody around, in a scene that I thought was hilarious the first time I saw the movie. (Of course, I was only 8 or 9 years old when I saw this at the drive-in as part of a double feature with SLEEPER. My parents were in the front seat and I had to keep laughing up my sleeve so they wouldn't hear me).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2003, 03:39:19 PM »

It had nothing to do with radiation, but, "Lair of the White Worm" (reviewed at this site) had not a giant worm, unless you spell worm as wyrm, but, a giant white snake in it.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  attack of the giant.. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.