Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:52:16 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ATTN All Wal mart Shoppers!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: ATTN All Wal mart Shoppers!!  (Read 5883 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 17, 2003, 09:50:59 PM »

i found a copy of the canadian classic, the Gate, on dvd for only 6$. just thought i'd let all you fellow b's know. they also has Frogs for the same price, i just couldn't bring myself to buy it though.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 11:21:56 PM »

I found a 2 DVD set at Walmart that had Night of the Living Dead and Kingdom of the Spiders packaged together.  Whoever thought that was a good idea for a double bill...

Well, he was right.  Oddly enough.

I haven't watched either yet, so I can't speak of the quality of the product.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 10:15:14 AM »

yeah i saw that also. i don't know why i didn't pick it up. does your wal-mart have that double dvd, Charles Bronson set with like 5 movies on it?!
Brock
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 04:34:38 PM »

I was just at a WalMart and there were several "AMC Monsterfest Collection" DVDs for only $5.88.  Each of the DVDs were actually 2 dvd sets with 4 movies altogether.  There was a Boris Karloff set, 2 cult movie sets, and the one I got was the Roger Corman one with "Bucket of Blood", "Wasp Woman", "The Terror", and "Little shop of horrors".  Definitely a great find.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 08:18:55 PM »

Chopper wrote:

> yeah i saw that also. i don't know why i didn't pick it up.
> does your wal-mart have that double dvd, Charles Bronson set
> with like 5 movies on it?!

Not that I'm aware of, but I didn't look to hard, either.,,

yaddo42
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 08:51:57 PM »

Pick up "The Brood" and "C.H.U.D."  the other day from their $9.46 Halloween display at my local Wally World.

I was considering getting "Hell Night" also, but didn't know if it was worth getting. Anybody recommend it or warning me away from it?

After a long stretch of good stuff in the $5.88 bin, they've gone to crap lately, mostly old TV movies, Bonaza episodes, and lots of 1960s and 70s Godzilla flicks, which don't interest me since I'm only a casual giant monster fan at best.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 09:48:17 PM »

My radar just went up. I'm heading to Walmart.

JohnL

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2003, 10:48:50 PM »

>I was considering getting "Hell Night" also, but didn't know if it was worth getting.
>Anybody recommend it or warning me away from it?

It wasn't anything special, but it wasn't horrible either. It's your typical teenagers being stalked by a killer in an abandoned mansion. There's a big, spiked fence around the entire property and they're locked for the night for some kind of initiation. The ones making them do this, sneak in to scare them, but don't count on there being anyone living in the house. Soon people start disappearing and the rest end up fighting for their lives.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 03:12:20 AM »

I picked up Frogs and the NOTLD/Kingdom of the Spiders discs tonight.  I already have Night on a 10 movie 5 disc set from Brentwood that I got for free from the video store I used to work at, so I'll just sell that one off.
I seriously think the people from Wal Mart read this board, because all these kickass b-movies keep showing up there really cheap.  Just a few weeks ago I picked up the original Legend of Boggy Creek (which kicks ass, by the way).

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2003, 03:49:51 AM »

I never call it Wal Mart.

I call it "tram law" or "Mal Wart"

Hehe!

Post Edited (10-19-03 03:50)
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2003, 05:42:50 AM »

My dad calls it "Wally World."

yaddo42
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2003, 07:13:22 AM »

I started calling it "Wally World" because a good friend used to call it that. I miss her since she moved away, so "WW" is a stupid little tribute of mine to remind me how much fun I thought she was.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2003, 08:34:57 AM »

Chopper wrote:

> i found a copy of the canadian classic, the Gate, on dvd for
> only 6$. just thought i'd let all you fellow b's know. they
> also has Frogs for the same price, i just couldn't bring myself
> to buy it though.

I bought FROGS on DVD when it was originally released. I'm sure I paid more than $6.00 for it. Guess I should have waited.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Brock
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2003, 10:54:23 AM »

I have a friend who refuses to shop there because he thinks it's a huge evil corporation and he refuses to be a part of it.

So he does all his shopping through amazon.com and eBay...What a moron...
yaddo42
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2003, 06:32:10 PM »

I bought the Chow-Yun Fat flick "Full Contact" for $19 there, now it's in the DVD aisle display for $9.50. Decent film, but to have bought it for twice the price of "Big Trouble In Little China", "Slapshot" and other classics I bought there feels wrong so how.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ATTN All Wal mart Shoppers!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.