Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:42:35 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Sword Fights. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite Sword Fights.  (Read 1083 times)
daveblackeye15
« on: October 27, 2003, 03:32:51 PM »

Sword fights are cool, my favorites are Conan vs. Rextor (Conan the Barbarian) during the climatic battle, why: It has a realistic feeling to it. The fighters arn't going all over the place and hacking at each other stupitly (kinda like the final battle in "Prince Valient") And it's nice and short but not too short, and it's just plain fun ,and gory.

The Bride vs. Ono-Rishi (I think that's her name) This fight had some great tension building, and it also had a nice realistic feeling, and great scenary ,and blood.

I can't think of anything cuz my next class is gonna start soon. Any one else?

-the first rule of fat club-
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 03:52:56 PM »

I like the ones that are over in seconds....such as the scene in "The Count of Monte Cristo" when Count Mondego duels that guy over a matter of honor and he takes the guy down in about 10 seconds!

Also in "The Mask of Zorro" when Banderas fights/toys with Katherine Zeta Jones.
I'll say it again...there's nothing sexier to me than a woman who can wield the sword!

Post Edited (10-27-03 14:53)
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 04:43:59 PM »

Oh yea, Conan and Rextor. Now that is great movie making. I seen that movie at the theater 3 times when I was 17 years old. The whole battle of the mounds was great. The approaching horseman. How about the first battle scene. The slaughter of the village.

George
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 04:51:43 PM »

I will always be a fan of Errol Flynn versus Basil Rathbone in Robin Hood.  Plus Olivia d'Havalind was SMOKIN' as Marian.
raj

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 07:39:30 PM »

Ditto.  Basil v. Errol is the best.
Dumbass
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 07:58:52 PM »

Other then from Kill Bill,

I MUS SAY DEATHSTALKE 1 & 2!
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 08:10:01 PM »

cary elwes vs Mandy patinken in 'the princess bride'

the conan scene was pretty bad if I remember. but then again I havent seen the film in years,lol.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2003, 09:57:28 AM »

Dunners wrote:

> cary elwes vs Mandy patinken in 'the princess bride'

Thank you.  I was wondering if anyone would remember that one.

'Course, I admire it for different reasons than most, having taken fencing for a couple of years.

Right toward the end, after they'd done the whole "not left-handed" thing, they switch hands again as they circle one another.  Patinkin simply hands the hilt from hand to hand.  Elwes... holy cow.  In mid-bout, while his blade and Patinkin's are ringing off each other, he simply tosses it effortlessly from hand to hand.  It's almost invisible.  But I spent two years trying to figure out how to to that.  It's the hardest move in the entire bout.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2003, 01:19:39 PM »

I was laugheda t for a long time after saying this but I found the sword fight in Rashomon the best.  The one I'm talking aboyut is when the hunter is telling the story as he saw it.  The ineptitude of the two "samurai" is great and shows the fear in which men have when they realize that they can  indeed die.

Also I like when Chow Yun FAt fought the one girl in Crouching Tiger hidden dragon where he was sitting on the trees and dodging her.  AS a matter of fact I like all the sword fights in that movie.

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 03:21:43 PM »

There is a really good one in  Shanghi Knights.At the end when Jackie Chans charector fights the bad guy there is a awsome sword fight, one of the best Ive ever seen.There is also a french film I saw years ago were a guy with a over sized nose is in love with a women and he is afraid to let her know.I know the movie is often spoofed on and a suedo remake was made called Roxanne.But I remeber there are some decent sword scenes in there.Oh and the Sword fight scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail when King Arthur fights the Dark Knight.I like it just because its has to be the funiest  sword fight scenes.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Sword Fights. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.