Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:22:41 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what movie do you watch on halloween? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: what movie do you watch on halloween?  (Read 5475 times)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 30, 2003, 04:09:12 PM »

i was just wondering what some classic movies are that ya'll watch on halloween (that is if your not at a party or something). tricksters are coming around my house thursday and friday, so thursday i'll be watching my favorite halloween flick. my special edition of Night of the Living Dead, the one with romero's commentary on it. and night of the living bread.

any others that are a tradition.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 04:18:19 PM »

I watch "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

I don't really have any traditional movies for certain days.

I do watch the entire GODFATHER saga at least once a year, but there isn't any particular time of year when I do this.

Around Christmas, I always watch SCROOGE (with Albert Finney), A CHRISTMAS CAROL (with Alistair Sim) and A CHRISTMAS STORY (with Peter Billingsley). This usually happens during December, but not on any special day. (This year I have all 3 on DVD for the first time ever!)

One of my buddies watches ANIMAL HOUSE and MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL with his brothers every year before the Superbowl starts.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
B-grade
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 11:21:05 PM »

My holloween week always involves some combo of
"Night of the living dead" or "Dawn of the dead" The one don't watch I watch around  X-mas

then

One of  the "Planet of the Apes" movies

and

a  true "Bad" monster or slasher film such as Creepazoids or
Sleepaway Camp II  

Also I'll catch parts of the TCM and AMC movie fests.
Uncle Fester
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 01:01:01 AM »

Gonna watch 28 Days Later and The Ring,so can someone phone me around 1:00 am and tell me I've got a virus and will die in 7 days!
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 10:07:14 AM »

i'm not too sure yet, i think i might show some friends the Ebola Syndrome, a nice Hong Kong shocker.
Bernie
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 03:01:07 PM »

The Gary Larson Halloween special (taped it off TV the one time it was broadcast); and

The Nightmare Before Christmas
daveblackeye15
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 03:17:54 PM »

I'm gonna watch Escape from New York (I know not very holloween like) then Zomibe 4:After Death.

-the first rule of fat club-
moraelin
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 06:45:55 AM »

i watched alien.. twas fun
Neville

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2003, 11:59:56 AM »

"Crossroads" (2002), starring Britney Spears. Scary or not? But chances are that they won't have a DVD copy at my local rental store, so I'll end watching "Anatomy 2", a german horror film. The original had Franka Potente and was pretty good.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2003, 01:29:54 PM »

On Halloween Night I watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre....I'd already watched Night of the Living Dead leading up to that.  I didn't really like any of the stuff that was playing on most of the cable channels, though I did see TENEBRE on IFC.

What's really cool is that IFC is playing horror films every night over the weekend...unfortunately they aren't saying what they are beforehand so you have to tune in.  Most have been lame, but last night they played MANIAC and I don't think I've ever seen that on television.  But they ruin it by playing a lot of lame Nineties stuff.  Still, I wonder what they'll play tonight....
Mike Jones
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2003, 02:31:34 PM »

Halloween: Alien (classic horror), Lair of the White Worm (Wonderfully camp and repulsive!), Jacobs Ladder (the only movie to truely freak me out)

New Year: For some strange reason I always end up watching Bladerunner at some point in my drunken meanderings

Christmas: A Christmas Carol (Alistair Sims of course!), sometimes Scrooged but NEVER, NOT IN A MILLION EFFING YEARS will I watch It's a Wonderful Life, a larger load of crap I never did see.
Susan
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2003, 04:21:53 PM »

I spent halloween night in Austin in a hotel room watching "Psycho", not my ideal but what can you do.

The funny part was later that night I managed to lock myself out of my own bathroom, quite embarassing to explain to the hotel staff. (especially since earlier i had to switch rooms because the first room's a/c was broken so I really hate being "that woman in 101 again")

Before opening the bathroom door with his power drill he glanced up at me with a raised eyebrow and asked "There isn't anybody in there....is there?" I'm thinking yeah - a man dressed as his mother holding a big butcher knife as the Pyscho music is echoing from the tv in the other room.

I was also beginning to think my room was haunted. The tv in the bedroom mysteriously turned on twice by itself and both times it happened I was leaving the room.

Post Edited (11-02-03 15:25)
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2003, 12:12:56 PM »

I showed a few people the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I think it sucks that now when I talk about TCM I have to actually specify the "original").  Then we saw the Beyond, Happy Hell Night, Opera, and about 20 minutes of Bloodsucking Nazi Zombies before passing out.

On Christmas, I always watch Christmas Evil, Silent Night, Deadly Night 1,2, and 4, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, and that old Santa Claus movie done by the guy who did a lot of Santo movies.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2003, 01:36:55 PM »

Friday night, after the kids stopped coming to the door, we had a few friends over for a double bill of Dead Alive and The Abominable Dr. Phibes. We were able to get the video projector again and set it up in the living room, with stereo sound, chips, dips and beer. A fun evening. Even those who didn't like horror could appreciate Jackson's twisted sense of humour. However, one thing I didn't account for was a guest who was four months pregnant and had never watched horror films. She had fun, but between the zombie baby and the final scene with Lionel and Mum, I'm not sure what might have been going through her mind. Oops.

Hopefully, I can make this an annual gathering.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what movie do you watch on halloween? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.