Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:50:20 PM
714412 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alien vs. Predator Teaser « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Alien vs. Predator Teaser  (Read 4380 times)
JackFlack
« on: November 01, 2003, 12:05:23 PM »

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/

Check it out, a teaser for the film which is supposed to come out next year.  I think it'll be kickass, even though Paul Anderson (Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Event Horizon, etc...) is making it.  I thought Resident Evil was ok when I saw it in the theater.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 02:39:41 AM »

Gay.This movie is going to be f**king gay.For christ sakes why are the aliens and predators dueling it out on earth.Im going to have big problems with this movie because I am a movie geek and when I see a great plot idea completely screwed up and going against everything that made the original movies great it makes me want to f**kING KILL.This movie obviously is not going to follow in any of the time lines presented in the originals, not to mention its not going to take any of the original plot aspects or charectors of the original movies.So the movie is going to get screwed up.I know there has been much complaining on this forum about that ass Paul Anderson, and rightly so.Anderson, while I give him credit for the prodction and visuals of his movies, is still a s**ty writer and director.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 03:09:57 AM »

Why does the movie taking place on Earth make it gay?  It's Xenomorphs taking on Predators (or if you want to go all comic book geek, Yautja).  Who gives a s**t where the battle takes place?  It's going to rock.  Resident Evil is okay, Mortak Kombat is crap, Event Horizon is really damn cool.  He's got more good going for him than bad, and Alec Guinness and Tom Woodruff, Jr. (Alien: Resurrection, Pumpkinhead) are taking on the SPFX.  Resurrection, while I like it, is not widely regarded as all that good, but the use of CGI was kept to a minimum, so we have a damn good chance of this movie not looking like a Supernintendo game.  I say just give it a chance and cast the stones after we've seen it.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 04:27:11 AM »

Amen Brother R.

I totally agree.

People here will forever attempt to tear this one apart!

Post Edited (11-02-03 13:30)
dean
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 09:27:01 AM »

i really really really want this film to be good, but unfortunately i'll probably be one of the geeks that ash mentioned: i am in the 'glass is half empty' category when i think about how this film will end up.  i'll probably enjoy it regardless, i have as yet not found a film i hate, and i liked anderson's other films, i just hate to see a waste of potential that nick mentioned.  the storyline could be so cool and add so much depth to both series, yet it seems to be fairly two dimensional.

here's hoping i'm proved wrong...
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 08:20:33 PM »

>Why does the movie taking place on Earth make it gay? It's Xenomorphs taking
>on Predators (or if you want to go all comic book geek, Yautja). Who gives a s**t
>where the battle takes place?

Because the other movies have shown the lengths the comapny went to to try and get ahold of an alien and then this movie comes along and says "Oh yeah, there have been aliens on Earth all along..."
Jim H
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 08:51:14 PM »

This is going to suck.  If I remember right, Jim Cameron and Ridley Scott wanted to be involved in this one, and they were turned down.  An equal mistake was done on Resident Evil, where they FIRED George Romero.  Resident Evil was OK, but I don't have high hopes for AVP.  

I'll be the first to admit though, I'm such an alien lover I'll see it opening night anyways.  I wouldn't be surprised if that date they have there gets pushed back though.
akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 10:35:26 AM »

I'll be seeing it.  Hope it isn't that bad.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 02:57:18 PM »

My glass is half full and I can't wait for it . When I first heard about it ..I got all excited. My husband said "Oh God what next?" Not me..I am all for it.
devil clown
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2003, 10:46:56 AM »

Does anyone if there is a avp trailer and if there is do they know were it is?
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2003, 03:10:55 PM »

We don't yet know how the aliens get there, though.  If you read the comics that the movie comes from, the Predators seed planets.  It's likely they've dropped the aliens off so they have somewhere to hunt.  And the setting of Antarctica is very similar to the Predator: Coldwar series of comics, which gives them the opportunity to break out all sorts of kickass new Predator toys.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
tucker
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2003, 09:58:58 AM »

Resident evil was good but i think mortal combat sucked ass.
Jim H
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 06:35:33 PM »

It's on apple.com somewhere.
dean
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2003, 08:42:28 AM »

if you thought mortal kombat was crap, then i'm guessing you really really hated mortal kombat annihilation, but anderson wasn't involved in that one was he? i'm not sure, but it doesn't make it any better or worse either way.

i've liked all his films so far, though i think they sorta lack the professionalism needed to make AVP work for me.  But i'm sure to be entertained at least!
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2003, 10:08:25 PM »

I want this movie to be good. I REALLY want it to be.

If I recall correctly, Paul Anderson played the original game of Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2 countless times and made his script afterwards. (man, what a life! Getting paid to play video games and make movies out of them? Where is that one on monster.com???)

Both series have had their troubles. Predator 2 was pretty lukewarm, even with the new gadgets. Alien Resurrection was just too goofy for me, even with Winona Ryder and Sigourney Weaver in it.

As long as AVP doesn't have a  Governor Schwarzenneger & Governor Ventura reunion, I will probably enjoy it.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alien vs. Predator Teaser « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.