Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:41:10 PM
714458 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Defective DVDs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Defective DVDs  (Read 952 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 17, 2003, 02:42:41 PM »

How often do you buy or rent DVDs that are defective?

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 DVDs and I have only purchased 4 that were defective.  I got replacements for 3 of them, but I had the other one (NUDE ON THE MOON) sitting on my shelf in the shrink wrap for so long before I tried to watch it that I no longer had the receipt and couldn't return it.

Have you experienced any major problems with defective DVDs?

Post Edited (11-17-03 13:43)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
StatCat
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 11:14:37 PM »

The only one I had that happen with was the Dario Argento Opera dvd.  I bought it when it first came out and all of them were really defective so they reissued it again and had to replace them all. I didn't find out about that until about a year later when I tried to play it and it wouldn't work at all (the last time I watched it was the day I got it and it worked.)  Anchor Bay sent me a new copy and a bonus shrinkwrapped dvd for my trouble.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 11:20:29 PM »

I borrowed "All About the Benjamins" from my sister and for some reason it would not play in my player.  
I put other DVD's of mine in to check to see if they worked and they played ok.
I never did get to watch it...from what I was told about it I take it that I was spared from having to sit through a crappy movie.

I checked the region & my player should've been able to play it but it didn't.
When I gave it back to my sister I told her that it wouldn't work and she put it in her DVD player and it played just fine!

I have no idea why it didn't work in my DVD player.

Post Edited (11-17-03 22:21)
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 11:29:08 PM »

Yes, only two. "100 YEARS OF HORROR hosted by Christopher Lee the sound was muffled and KILL BABY KILL which was a good film but the disk would freeze at parts and then stop all together at one point. I had the receipt for KILL BABY KILL, but I was able to exchange it for something else. The Christorpher Lee film I've kept because I threw away the receipt.

daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 11:49:37 PM »

The nearest I got for a Defective DVD is for some reason one of my "Fist of the North Star" t.v. show DVDs won't work on my brother's playstation 2 but it works just fine on my mom's DVD player. I dunno.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 04:26:14 AM »

Jeepers Creepers wouldn't work in my toshiba player, but that dvd had problems with some older players.  Sent the dvd back to mgm and they said I could pick up any dvd of equal value so I got Ghost World in exchange.
Eirik
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 04:32:47 AM »

I've never bought a defective one, but I have rented about a DOZEN defective ones from various video stores in my area over tha past year or so.  Sometimes the screen gets oddly pixelated a few times...  other times the movie just freezes up at some random point and you have to jump to the next scene to keep going.  The common thread seems to be scratches all over the metallic side.  The scratches look like they must be deliberate - I can't imagine anyone being careless enough to scratch a DVD that much - even if it is just rented.  p**ses me off - I've started checking the DVDs for scratches before I leave the store.
Haze
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2003, 06:57:05 PM »

I see to be a magnet for the damned things, that or I just buy from s**tty suppliers. Either way, it sucks.

My first Killer Klowns From Outer Space DVD is a good example.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Defective DVDs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.