Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:42:43 PM
714485 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Dark Shadows & Farscape « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Dark Shadows & Farscape  (Read 1004 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 26, 2003, 03:33:40 AM »

I can't recall if this was mentioned or not (and a search didn't turn up anything obvious), but apparently the WB is making a new Dark Shadows series. Any bets as to how many episodes will air before they yank the plug?

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch it, but other than Buffy/Angel and Charmed, supernatural shows haven't done very well in primetime.

The new TV Guide also mentions that Jim Henson's company is making a Farscape miniseries to tie up the loose ends left by SciFi's cancellation of the show. It says it probably won't air on SciFi, so they're hoping to sell it into syndication.
Neville

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 10:11:51 AM »

More "Farscape"? That's great news. The last season seemed a bit rushed, but it had some great moments as well. I think it says a lot of its creators that they try to do a mini to give the fans a good farewell instead of milking the cow for yet another season. Will all of the original cast appear on it?

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 03:49:37 PM »

About Farscape..yes! Please keep us posted. That is great news.
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 08:48:37 PM »

>I think it says a lot of its creators that they try to do a mini to give the fans a good
>farewell instead of milking the cow for yet another season.

They didn't decide to cancel it, SciFi did. It was getting good ratings, but SciFi claimed it was too expensive. Otherwise it would have gone on.

>Will all of the original cast appear on it?

I don't know. Here's what TV Guide says;

SO NEAR, SO FARSCAPE: The Jim Henson Company is producing a four-hour Farscape miniseries that will tie up the loose ends left dangling when the cult hit was prematurely axed last year by Sci Fi Channel. The project - which will reunite leads Ben Browder and Claudia Black - will start shooting in December in Australia. Since the telefilm is unlikely to air on Sci Fi, word is it may be sold into syndication. So there!
Neville

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 01:54:46 PM »

JohnL wrote: "They didn't decide to cancel it, SciFi did."

Yeh, I knew that. I just meant that it seems more honest to tie the loose ends with a mini than to prepare a whole new season for another channel.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 02:24:20 AM »

The cancelation of Farscape on Scifi was a big disapointment, especially sense it ended so half assed.Why is it that Scifi always cancels the good shows and put s**ty ones in there place.Do you guys remeber the Invisible Man, now that was a totaly kick ass show.It was hugely original and very funny, but Scifi decided that after only two seasons it was time to put something else on in its place.I hope that Scifi gets there heads out of there asses and stop canceling good shows.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2003, 11:42:56 PM »

they canned the invisible man, tremors the series( lots of fun and not as crappy as some folks say) and worst fo all MST3k. f**kers need to go back to school and learn that this is Not a solution to get better ratings.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2003, 12:00:43 AM »

Wait Tremors has been canned!!! THOSE f**kING BASTARDS I WILL f**kING KILL THEM UNTIL THEY DIE!!!DIE YOUR CORPORATE ASS HOLES OF SCIFI f**kING DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2003, 01:41:06 AM »

JohnL wrote:

> I can't recall if this was mentioned or not (and a search
> didn't turn up anything obvious), but apparently the WB is
> making a new Dark Shadows series. Any bets as to how many
> episodes will air before they yank the plug?

As much of a DS fan as I am (and I liked the 1991 series), I think Dan Curtis seriously needs to give it a rest already instead of retreading and rehashing the same thing over and over again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
FearlessFreep
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2003, 01:41:18 AM »

Sci-Fi seems to favor:

1.   Original hows like "Scare Tactics" and "Crossing Over" and oher psuedo-non-fiction shows. (Very cheap to produce)

2. Old monster movies  (cheap to get)

3. Newer direct-to-video movies (if it has Dean Cain or was produced by U.F.O...very cheap)

4. Re-runs of TV shows ("X-Files")

See the trend?  They're not really into producing high-quality original material if it costs anything to produce.  They just buy or license the cheapest material they can find that sorta first the sci-fi genre
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2003, 03:44:25 AM »

I agree with you fearless that Scifi bases what shows and movies they put on by how cheap they are, but then you have to remeber that Sci fi has done several very expensive mini series like Dune, Taken and soon a new Battle Star Galactica.Scifi's mini series have always been pretty damn good, too bad they can't put as much effort into there Tv Shows as they do with there mini series,

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Dark Shadows & Farscape « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.