Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:30:58 PM
714453 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT-Turkey & all the fixings! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OT-Turkey & all the fixings!  (Read 2550 times)
FearlessFreep
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2003, 10:19:08 AM »

Yes, except for the fact that I don't know how...

Well, then...maybe I will :)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2003, 12:04:38 PM »

I get the double Thanksgiving whammy every year.  We go to my aunt's house on Thanksgiving.  Then, on the following Sunday, my mother cooks ANOTHER Thanksgiving dinner for just my parents, me, my sisters, and our families.  Tons of turkey fun!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2003, 06:05:14 PM »

Okay - what is Thanksgiving?

I'm from over the ocean, you see.  No idea what you're talking about!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Susan
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2003, 08:43:15 PM »

>>Okay - what is Thanksgiving?<<

The founding of plymouth plantation. The native americans were invited to dinner with the pilgrims (being seen as hethans and all) for the purpose of negotiating a treaty that would secure the lands of the Plymouth Plantation for the Pilgrims. Of course now it's been glorified that they were all holding hands and being as one, but it was just a generation later that whites were trying to exterminate every "savage" indian they could..mostly for land purposes. Isn't that nice?

Mostly we just sit and eat turkey all day, drink beer and watch football....

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2003, 11:05:21 PM »

Well, all I know is that the world better come up with a better "idea" than the one that replaced the Native American way of life. So far it's been a rather sad story. The sacrifice of the American Indian and other cultures better be of some greater purpose to justify what has happened, than what I've seen so far...........Fortunately there is a greater purpose, but mankind hasn't seen the reason behind it, but they will.

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/enterprise/PlymouthRock.jpg"

Scott

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2003, 11:11:36 PM »

I still can't figure out how to put anthing extra on my post. Like links, photos, or even bold print. I've made plenty of webpages, but haven't figured out how to use this messageboard.

Susan
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2003, 11:33:19 PM »

Scott - add brackets +url=type url close with brackets, add title link and then re-add /url in brackets. So it looks like this:
title

(in order to properly show you the order I had to replace the brackets with those >> things, so replace them with brackets) I haven't figured out how to post actual gifs, however. Bold would be the letter B in brackets, the word, followed by /B in brackets. Same with italics etc.

Btw I saw that rock in person! I kinda speculated that wasn't   the  
rock they actually landed on since there were alot of rocks on that beach. I figured it was more symbolic. My trip to Boston was quite memorable years ago..there were alot of historical sites to visit

Post Edited (11-29-03 22:41)
Scott

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2003, 11:40:35 PM »

Thanks for the html info I'll try it when I have more time.

It's my understanding that the rock the park was identified much latter than the landing and only because it was the only prominent rock in the beach are. They were going to build over it, but they thought the rock had some importance. I forget the dates, but at the sight the park people tell you everything they know about the rock.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT-Turkey & all the fixings! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.