Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:02:29 AM
714504 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Coolest Ships « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Coolest Ships  (Read 2204 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2003, 09:26:45 PM »

The Vorlon ships in Babylon 5.
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2003, 05:37:00 PM »

Ha!   Despite Brother Ragnarok's eminently welcome praise for the TARDIS, I have to go for two from 2001: the Discovery, because it gives an impression of awesome size (and was based on a dinosaur skeleton, IIRC) and glacial progress, and the PanAm Shuttle, because it's just so damn balletic in the approach to the Space Station.

Also, that Naboo Royal Family Gadabout in Star Wars 4.  Obviously based on the SR71 Blackbird, but damn! does it look fast!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
)ules
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2003, 04:40:42 AM »

I will second Jamtoy's vote for the Millennium Falcon, that's a great lil' ship and probably my all-time favorite just cuz it keeps breaking down. I also really liked the massive invading ships from ID4., along with the fighters themselves. The ship that crash-lands at the beginning of Pitch Black isn't particularly noteworthy (although I do think they did a good job on it) but the crash sequence itself is one of the best I've seen. How about the pyramid-shaped vessel from Stargate? You gotta hand that one some originality points, at least.
And call me a purist, but I love the original Enterprise. I even have a cut-away poster of it on my wall. No, not the VERY original Enterprise, but the Enterprise D. I'm not THAT much of a purist, jeez.
FearlessFreep
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2003, 08:22:58 PM »

The Event Horizon was pretty cool looking
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2003, 06:38:03 PM »

Damn Ash... that's an excellent selection. That would have been my choice. ; )
I also really dig the Cylon Raiders from Battle Star Galactica.
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2003, 06:42:23 PM »

Oh yeah.. I still have a model of the Reliant that I haven't built yet. I guess I'll wait for when I have the time to do it. : ( So little time...
Eirik
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2003, 07:47:27 PM »

I third the Falcon -  It actually became a character in its own right, with a history, idiosyncracies and a heroism of its own...  and the actors conveyed a real affection for it too.  Plus it had that cool chessboard, secret compartments, and the whole thing was kept about as neat as the average 13-year old's room.  I guarantee the set designer for that movie had kids.

Lots of great ships mentioned in this thread - here's one nobody thought of (coming at the question from a different direction): The African Queen.  Like the Falcon, she had a personality.
FearlessFreep
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2003, 11:16:28 AM »

Plus it had that cool chessboard, secret compartments,

Dice hanging from the front windshield...

I also liked Costner's catermaran from "Water World"  I loved all the autmated liitle stuff he had by pulling ropes and kicking levers and stuff
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Coolest Ships « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.