Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:02:39 PM
714494 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Battle Star Galactica « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Battle Star Galactica  (Read 4708 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: December 04, 2003, 07:37:06 PM »

This  mini-series begins Monday on SciFi Channel.  Got any opinions on the direction they are taking it?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 08:14:02 PM »

If it's on Sci Fi then the only direction they'll be taking it is directly south.

Sci Fi is a crappy channel that could be good...but isn't.

Post Edited (12-04-03 19:14)
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 11:32:50 PM »

Ooooooh yeah... I'm a huge fan of Battlestar Galactica. all hail the Cylons!!!!
Eirik
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 07:32:49 AM »

"Sci Fi is a crappy channel that could be good...but isn't."

While I appreciate their occasional Twilight Zone marathons, I have to agree with that statement.  Is it me or has anyone else noticed that the f#%$%ers at SciFi channel run about 10-12 minutes or commercials per 30 minutes of air time?  And that's not an exaggeration either.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 08:41:20 AM »

Eventhough it is on SciFi, I will definently watch it.  It'll be nice to see some Battlestar after all these years.

Now if only they would remake V................

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 09:32:01 AM »

SciFi is no worse than any other cable channel abou the commercial. I just dislike the way they program their shows. Like they did with Farscape when one time you had to wait  9 months to see a new episode.  Then the idiots cancelled it , their  number one rated show.  Henson and company are making a 4 hour  mini-series to tie up the loose ends from the  sudden cancellation, only it probably won't show on SciFi. It will probably be sold to syndication.

I really wanted some opinions on the way they are changing Galactica.  A lot of fans of the old show were really raising hell about it .   I was 23 when the old one was on ABC and it was neat  in 1978 because no one had done anything like it on tv, but to tell the truth you can tell the show is really from the 70's.  I think it is kind of dated.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Eirik
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2003, 10:02:09 AM »

I was 8 in 1978 and thought the show was an acceptable surrogate for what I really wanted to be watching, but couldn't on TV at that time: Star Wars.  I look at Battlestar Galactica today and I see one awful 70s show...  

So do I think the new BG series is sacrelige?  Hardly.  The original was such garbage, there's really no way to detract from it.  BUT - the premise of the original show was good enough that I think it's worth revisiting with a higher production value.  I also really liked the Vipers, and think they look even better in the new show.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2003, 03:26:34 PM »

Vipers = Cool.
I wish the fleet jumped into the Star Wars universe. Vipers Vs. Tie fighters. Star Destrover Vs. Cylon Base star. Baltar getting a light sabre up his ass....
"Cattlcar Galaxitive", as MAD magazine called it, was a cheese fest.Likable Velveeta.
Hummm....a T.V. cheese fest, with Voyage to the bottom of the sea, time tunnel, and battlestar could make  good riffing practice.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Jamtoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2003, 11:31:42 PM »

There's an article in the TV Guide about the mini-series:
According to that article:

WHEN THE CYLON HAS SEX HER SPINE GLOWS RED!

So... You tell me if it's going to be any good.

"Eventhough it is on SciFi, I will definently watch it. It'll be nice to see some Battlestar after all these years."

Not like this....

"the premise of the original show was good enough that I think it's worth revisiting with a higher production value."

Half naked female seduction cylons with glowing red spines,  Oh yeah High production values.....

"If it's on Sci Fi then the only direction they'll be taking it is directly south."

It's already gone way past south!

Seven years on MacGyver and you cannot figure this out? We got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.  You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick, and now you are now 'Mr. MacUseless'.
DARKWOLF
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2003, 02:47:57 AM »

I'm not gonna watch it not a big fan of the new one. I' m still a big fan of the first one I remember watch it in 1978 when I was four years old. Making Boomer and Starbuck women that's reallt mess up.
Prophet Tenebrae
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2003, 05:29:25 AM »

Boomer *and* Starbuck? I thought it was just Starbuck... why not just make all the characters female then?
JohnL

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2003, 09:46:51 PM »

I'm going to watch it, but it p**ses me off that Richard Hatch produced a trailer that all the fans loved, but the copyright holders didn't want anything to do with it. When they finally decided to make the miniseries, they didn't want any of the original cast, or to make it a continuation of the original. Sure, don't make what the fans want, make what YOU think the fans should want. :-/
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2003, 12:06:07 AM »

>Half naked female seduction cylons with glowing red spines, Oh yeah High production values.....

What the f@#$k?1 This has to be a joke! Please tell me you're joking.....
Jamtoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2003, 12:35:13 AM »

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not joking.  Look in the TV Guide (It has a NASCAR on the cover).

Seven years on MacGyver and you cannot figure this out? We got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.  You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick, and now you are now 'Mr. MacUseless'.
Eirik
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2003, 02:30:21 AM »

"they didn't want any of the original cast, or to make it a continuation of the original."

Wasn't the original brought to a conclusion?  Didn't they find Earth and lick the Cyclons once and for all?  That's one of the things I actually liked about the original - the story was headed somewhere and actually got there instead of just jerking the audience around year after year ala the X-Files.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Battle Star Galactica « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.