Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:45:37 AM
714571 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who is brave enough to face, Gigli? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Who is brave enough to face, Gigli?  (Read 5523 times)
Outside, Wait For Me There
« on: December 09, 2003, 11:03:42 AM »

My friends and I have no seen it yet. But we were compelled to. They took the movie down from cinemas like 2 weeks since its release, so we never got a chance to see it. Oh well. Now its on DVD, so maybe.

They might take Cat in the Hat down too. Since it sucks. We wanted to see it too. But that would mean we would have to pay them more money. Why give the filmmakers money? So they can make a sequel? Yeah, right.

Anyone brave enough to watch, Gigli? Comments? On the radio, they said, it was hailed as the worst movie ever and everyone should buy it so they can own a piece of history. Makes sense to me.
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 11:15:54 AM »

Wait.  If you buy it or rent it now, they'll try and count that towards the box office receipt.  Wait a year or so, then have a Gigli party so a lot of folk can see it for the price of one rental.  (The only problem is who gets to be recorded as having rented Gigli).

On the other hand, the movie would be a great way to pressure Al-Qeada prisoners.  "Talk or it's Gigli non-stop"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 01:06:38 PM »

I must say that I do have a nagging curiosity about this movie . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Bernie
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 03:56:55 PM »

Heck, I can't even get through Battlefield Earth.

Something about brand new bad movies, the HURT is just too fresh.  I'm better with the old ones...
I luv dolma
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 06:40:39 PM »

ANyone here acctually seen the film?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 10:45:32 PM »

I'm going to wait about 6 to 12 months and see if they release a 3 hour director's cut.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 11:34:13 PM »

I'll probably watch it eventually but I'll get good & stinking drunk so I won't remember it the next day.

Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 11:41:41 PM »

I don't think we need to worry about padding the box office receipts. The film flopped so badly that even if each one of us rented it and paid two weeks of late fees, they *still* wouldn't have made any money off it.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Eirik
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 11:47:56 AM »

That's hilarious.  Not ONE person on this board saw it (or is willing to admit it).  I am intensely curious about this movie, but I am not willing to add even a paltry rental fee to its profits (um, I mean it's take).  Much like Glitter, I will probably watch it should some cable channel decide to run it someday for some strange reason.

Interestingly, Roger Ebert's review of the film - although soundly negative - was not as bad as most critics.  Like a good critic should, he distanced himself from how sick he is of BenLo and JLo's private life which saturates our airwaves, and critiqued the movie on its own merit, or lack thereof.  This is telling.  While I am certain the movie sucks, I bet you'll find that it isn't nearly as bad as it's been made out to be in the media schadenfreude surrounding its stars... and in that respect, I bet most people on this board will be disappointed.  I mean if it isn't HOWLINGLY bad, then what's the point??
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 12:21:26 PM »

Sorry, you couldn't pay me to see something that stupid.
Bernie
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 03:11:50 PM »

The best comment I've seen on the whole J.Lo/Ben publicity machine was on South Park a few months ago in an episode called "Fat Butt and Pancake Head."  And that was the most COMPLIMENTARY thing the episode had to say about those two.
raj

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2003, 03:16:48 PM »

Depneds upon how much they're offering to pay me.
2 hours at $25 per, yeah I could use an extra $50.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 11:31:45 PM »

If it has her ass in it I'll see it.  for her ass.

I saw the Madonna movie.  It was Awesome!!!!  Getting pushed around by this guy, all the while with gigantic muscles.  people should see it
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2003, 11:46:20 PM »

So, what I'm getting here is this:  we, fans of bad movies, find this film so repelent that even we will not see it.  That's saying something.

I mean, we are willing to sit through endless Friday the Thirteenth sequels, cheap Zombie filcks, horrendous flying saucer films, Reptillicus, Santa Clause Conquers the Martians, and so on, yet we are terrified by the concept of J-Lo saying "It's turkey time?"

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2003, 03:20:41 AM »

They don't make bad movies like they used to.  It's not that Gigli is too bad for bad movie fans to handle, it's just that it probably isn't bad in an interesting, entertaining enough way for people to want to see it.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who is brave enough to face, Gigli? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.