Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:50:29 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you love that everybody else hates. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Movies you love that everybody else hates.  (Read 27628 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: December 12, 2003, 10:24:24 PM »

ASHTHECAT's post about FREDDY GOT FINGERED prompted this post.  I know everybody has movies they think are fantastic, but everybody else seems to think they are about the same level as pig vomit.

My nominee: THE STUPIDS.  I can't help but laugh like a maniac at this movie.  The family is just so gloriously stupid.  It's easy to be stupid, but it's very hard to be stupid in such interesting ways.

"It's the Lord!"
"Actually, it's pronounced Lloyd."

Later:  "In the name of the Lloyd!"

I'm sorry, it's funny.  And yet nobody else agrees with me.  Achh!  C'est la vie.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 12:27:56 AM »

NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES.   I watch it at least a few times a year.  I think it's a fun movie, and think it gets a bad rap because of all the stock footage.  I don't think it's any worse than any of the other Italian Romero ripoffs.  

FREDDY GOT FINGERED, for reasons mentioned elsewhere.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 02:49:07 AM »

Movies that all of my friends hate, but I love
Snatch
28 Days Later
Doom Generation
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Dawn Of The Dead
The Hills Have Eyes

Smells like popcorn and shame
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 03:17:45 AM »

Jeez, sounds like Wyckednick's friends aren't b-fans at all.  
The flicks I love that everyone hates (and if Andrew ever comes back he'll lambast me for):
Can Heironymous Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Love (or something to that effect)
Manos:  Hands of Fate
Alien Prey

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 05:14:00 AM »

Man you guys don't even know what I have to put up through with my friends.They always like the worst hollywood trash like 13 Ghosts, Ghost Ship, and Resident Evil.Arg its so f**king frustrating, trying to disscuss movie with my friends.Remeber my post "Movies were people miss the point"? I was talking about my friends, honestly I have friends that have no clue what Planet of the Apes was about.
I do have one friend though that is well known for picking the worst of the worst movies.And when I say the worst I do mean the worst. He honestly will rent movies by how cool the covers look.If it has a half naked chick on the cover he rents it, if its about mutant animals or firemen, he rents it.The problem is not that he picks bad B-movies its that he dosn't appreciate the classics, and goes for all of the Hollywood crap.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 06:14:45 AM »

"13 Ghosts" was one of the stupidest damned things I ever saw.  I don't totally mind if a movie's a piece of crap, but if you have Shannon Elizabeth in an ALL GLASS bathroom taking a shower, you had better god damned show her boobs.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Eirik
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 07:03:07 AM »

The original "In Laws" is one for me.  I think it's one of the funniest movies I ever saw, but whenever I rent it and show it to friends or family they all think its dull and unfunny.  One friend actually said he thought the remake (the one which tried to pass off Albert Brooks in a thong as funny) was way better!  BLASPHEMY!!

"Watership Down" is another.  I owned it for years and people always looked at it funny until I had kids, at which point they just assumed it was theirs.  Nobody ever wants to give it a chance, but it's a good movie even for grownups.  (BTW - I'm just now considering letting my 5-year old watch it, because it is kind of violent, somewhat complicated, and potentially scarey at parts).

Finally, there's "Red Dawn."  Most of my friends see it as a stupid teen action movie, my more liberal friends see it as horrible propaganda.  I think it's a pretty fun movie that captures a little of the Cold War zeitgeist, has some tongue in cheek references to old war movies (Longest Day especially), has Lea Thompson (always a plus), and - quite frankly - depicts the Soviets for what they were, albeit in a highly fictionalized setting.  One complaint I hear sometimes is "too patriotic."  What the hell is wrong with that once in a while??
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 07:05:16 AM »

"Red Dawn" is worth the price of admission if only to see C. Thomas Howell go nuts and get blown away by that helicopter.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Cricket21a
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 07:10:49 AM »

Nothing wrong with being too patriotic.  Better than being unpatriotic.  Would they rather see a movie about flag burning?

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
Stephen Hawking
Eirik
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 07:21:29 AM »

"Would they rather see a movie about flag burning?"

Lots of people seem to equate being patriotic with being a blind follower or that being positive about your country means you're necessarily negative toward other countries.  I think it is based on the fallacy that feeling good about the US means one must therefore feel good about everything the US has ever done.  So yeah, unfortunately I do know some people who would rather watch a movie about flag burning because that would make them feel smarter or more independant-minded somehow.  In my opinion, the real intellectual can enjoy a patriotic movie as much as a movie that questions patriotism.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2003, 08:23:44 AM »

"WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Flangepart

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 12:31:18 PM »

Joe Bob Briggs hosted RED DAWN once with Col. David Hackworth. A man with more legitimate Purple Hearts than you can shake a stick at. He is a true hero. And his books about soldiers are must reads, cause he's been there, done that, and has the scars to prove it.
He blasted Red Dawn. Nuff said.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Susan
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 12:48:42 PM »

superman 2 - nobody i associate with knows who ZOD is.

He's ONLY the ruler of the planet houston!

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2003, 08:11:29 PM »

THE KING OF COMEDY with Robert DeNiro and Jerry Lewis.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2003, 08:16:21 PM »

Ah, Wycked dude, glad to see a couple of British films on your list!

As for me, I think "Leningrad Cowboys Go America" is pant-wettingly funny.  Mention it to other people and they give me That Look ...

OMG!  "Red Dawn"!!! John Milius' magnum opus!!!!  I didn't realise it had CT Howell or Leah Thompson in it.  All I remember is Powers Boothe and Harry Dean Stanton.  And the Argentinian troops who were armed with the FN rifle, a nice accurate touch ...

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you love that everybody else hates. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.