Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:47:15 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need help finding this monster movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need help finding this monster movie  (Read 1043 times)
Sci Fi Guy
« on: December 20, 2003, 12:40:09 PM »

Well, I've tried everything I can think of and cannot come up with the title of this movie. I have a vague recollection of what happens in it and have been dying to see it again. Here it goes....

I believe this was back in the 80's when it came out...

Not much of a plot except a group of folks get stranded on this island and find a group of natives (I want to say there were also some scientists) and are taken to this island fort. I remember it having big wooden walls around it and you immediately wonder what they are trying to keep out. Long story short, they find out that the island is infested with a bunch of reptilian humanoid creatures (I vaguely remember one scary chase through the forest). Here's the kicker though...the most vivid memory I have of the movie...at the end, only one couple makes it out alive and, as they are flying away in the rescue helicopter, this reptilian hand comes reaching through the curtain in the back of the helicopter and grabs one of them...it gets better, as it grabs them the movie freeze frames and the credits start to roll....you can clearly see about six inches of the actor's arm that is wearing the reptilian glove...what a crack up. At any rate, I am hoping that SOMEBODY knows what the heck I am talking about. If nothing else, I probably got some of you interested in another bad scary movie. Thanks all!
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 04:14:34 AM »

Ah!  
I remember asking about this one awhile back.
They used to show this on TBS Superstation alot back in the 80's.

The title of the film is "Dance of the Dwarves".
It also has an alternate title of "Jungle Heat".

Peter Fonda stars in it.

Post Edited (12-21-03 03:17)
Sci Fi Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 11:27:31 AM »

Thanks for the input!  I read a review at imdb.com and it does sound very similar.  Do you specifically remember the rubber glove scene at the end?  Thanks again!
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 02:17:48 AM »

>Thanks for the input! I read a review at imdb.com and it does sound very similar.
>Do you specifically remember the rubber glove scene at the end? Thanks again!

Yup, that's definitely Dance of the Dwarves.
Sci Fi Guy
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 11:17:43 AM »

Thanks a million, now I just have to find it.  I can't find it on ebay.  Any suggestions?
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 12:36:31 PM »

Check here.  Any further questions on Dance of the Dwarves can be found at the IMDb.

Good luck!

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 03:42:16 PM »

Remember that in most parts of the world it's called "Jungle Heat".

You're twice as likely to find it if you use that title.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need help finding this monster movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.