Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:47:04 AM
714430 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Donnie Darko and Freddy Got Fingered « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Donnie Darko and Freddy Got Fingered  (Read 1139 times)
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 21, 2003, 04:37:15 PM »

I got a chance to catch up on some movies this weekend.  

All the talk on the board made me break down and finally watch Freddy Got Fingered.  It was not a very good movie, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people say.  I can easily say it wasn't the worst movie ever.  I think that once a movie gets bad press everyone just jumps on it and refuses to think any of it is funny.  (and some people will try really hard to make themselves like it just to be different then everybody else).

Donnie Darko..... a really strange movie, but I really enjoyed it.  I am normally not into time warp movies, but I was so engaged by the characters that I still enjoyed it.
Fearless_Freep
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 04:44:46 PM »

I didn't care for Donnie Darko.   I didn't think it was nearly as clever as the writer obvioulsy thought he was being.  Wasn't really bad, but not the hype I'd heard
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 06:41:36 PM »

As much as I hate Freddy Got Fingered, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 08:55:04 AM »

Bmeansgood,

Glad to hear you rented Donnie Darko!  If you liked it, you really should pick it up.  The first viewing is nothing compared to the second and third.  Eventually most of the film comes pretty clear.

I bought my copy for 5.88 at Best Buy if you want to pick one up.

And I'm just curious-what do you think happened?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 02:42:07 PM »

Granted I have only watched it once, but my initial thought was that he decided to let himself die so that the future wouldn't happen.

But then I am confused, because I got the feeling that when his mom and sister were in the plane THEIR engine fell off, went through the time portal and hit his house.  

But then I stopped thinking about it because I was getting a headache.
Chris K.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 04:09:43 PM »

As much as I have told this story before, it's interesting nonetheless due to the tremendous hype a film like FREDDY GOT FINGERED made and resulted as a bitter disappointment towards the theatre-going audience. I saw Tom Green's "film" (well, if you could call it that) during it's big opening weekend. The theatre was quite full, no doubt filled with eager Tom Green fans as most of the audience was mostly the imatture teenage croud. When the first five minutes rolled, I and everybody else laughed. But when it came to Tom Green masturbating a horse's wang on film, the laughter then stopped and instead everybody cried out "Ewww". Then, as 40 minutes roll by the audience was just dead silent. Very few left halfway through, but the others just remained seated waiting for something even remotely funny to occur on screen. Even the scenes used in the TV ads didn't generate a laugh. By the time the film ended, everybody got up and just walked in in stupified silence. Their was no "That was good..." or "That was bad..." comments, nor was their even a smile on a patrons face. The audience just walked out with a solem look on their face, which either leads me to believe that they were disappointed or they just couldn't beleive what they saw. It was as if the audience never even knew the film played right before their eyes. And this is all true.

As for FREDDY GOT FINGERED in general, it was the worst. And I saw it in the theatre and wasted $7.50 on it. To quote Chadzilla (by the way, where has he been lately) "Vote with your wallet". And I apparently didn't. Wish I had that advice sooner, Chadzilla. Oh Well.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 10:03:35 PM »

Watched DONNIE DARKO with my wife and we both liked this film. Wasn't sure what to expect when we picked it up. I only heard that I should see it and when I did I wasn't dissappointed. Strange little film.

dean
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 09:30:49 AM »

Donnie Darko is a fantastic film, no matter what some people may think.  Although I could see why people can think the writers were trying to be too smart, at least they did a far better job than the writing on the Matrix [which tried to be smart and then sorta copped out in my opinion]

My own little pet theory for the film is that there is no time warp, no Rabbits [!] and all the events that happened through the film was just Donnie justifying his death by thinking up what would have happened if he lived through the engine hitting his house.  After all we're told he's crazy, perhaps this is his deluded mind thinking of what could of happened if he lived, and that he must die.  At least that's what I sorta think [ Although I admit I haven't seen it in a while]

Ah, who knows, the other theory works just fine as well...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Donnie Darko and Freddy Got Fingered « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.