Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:06:25 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  House Of 1000 Corpses SEQUEL! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Of 1000 Corpses SEQUEL!  (Read 891 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: January 03, 2004, 08:42:04 AM »

Eventhough Corpses wasn't everything I expected it to be, I know that a lot of you on here loved it.  So here is some news from Zombie himself in a recent interview concerning a sequel:

"It's a very different film," Zombie said. "It's much darker and more serious. It's a gritty crime movie like BADLANDS. There's nothing campy or wacky at all. Everything that was alluded to in CORPSES has been found out in the house, the house is raided by a SWAT team and it all goes bad from there."

This sounds great to me so far.  Zombie also said the film should be out by next summer.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
TheFeen
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 12:39:04 PM »

I dont believe it i really dont. I cant. House of a 1000 corpses does not deserve a sequel it deserves to have every copy dropped into molten lava. It was the worst piece of trash wannabe 70's horror i have ever seen. As a horror fan i was truly offended by this film (not by the violence/gore because this was done in such a obvious 'this is meant to shock you now' way as to be really pathetic), it is the warmed up scummy leftovers, to which Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the orginal delicious stew. Rob Zombie sat down with a sheet of toilet paper and a biro to come up with piece of crap, he should of just wiped his arse with it - it would have been better than this waste of celluloid. I really hated this film and the sequel sounds just as shat.
Sorry for hijacking your thread to vent my spleen, but i really, really hate it.

'Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?'
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 03:58:23 PM »

Hmm... I liked the first one, but I'm kinda worried about the "nothing campy or wacky" aspect. I thought what made the first one work was the over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek sleaze of it all. What's more, the plot Zombie's been talking about-- dropping the "victims" altogether and putting the family on the road-- seems like the perfect vehicle for some full-on, Russ Meyer-type cheese. Oh, well-- Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 04:45:34 PM »

still havent seen part 1 , but it got some decent (ok I'm being kind here)reviews and y'know that was zombies first movie so I'm sure hes learned all kinds of little things here and there.

maybe we'll get the equivilent of dawn of the dead meets hellraiser?:)

save the world, kill a politician or two.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 01:16:46 AM »

Unless those little things he's learned consist of storytelling and pacing, count me out.  It'll probably be another case where the DVD menus are more entertaining than the film.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  House Of 1000 Corpses SEQUEL! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.