Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:58:19 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TV Picks of the Week « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TV Picks of the Week  (Read 2489 times)
Scott
« on: August 11, 2001, 01:44:55 PM »

Here is a list of my TV Picks of the Week.

Godzilla vs The Sea Monster
Tarantula
The Andomeda Strain (Is this movie any good? I've never actually seen this one, but the topic sounds neat.)
The Last Man on Earth (never seen this one either. read good things about it.)
The Tomb of Ligeia
X-The Man with X-Ray Eyes
The Angry Red Planet
Steve.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2001, 02:03:58 PM »

The Andromeda Strain is one of the finest "scientific procedure" movies ever made - gripping stuff. The Last Man on Earth is not so good - a poor rendition of Richard Matheson's excellent novel I Am Legend. (all IMHO of course).
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2001, 04:55:48 PM »

I'll agree that "Andromeda Strain" has some very good technical aspects, but the problem is: that sort of stuff is about as interesting as watching paint dry to me.

Andrew
Andrew K
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2001, 08:15:16 PM »

I have to disagree with you strongly on Andromeda Strain. I think it's one of the finest SF films, ever. Just compare it to the recent Outbreak, which started out promising, but degenerated into action sequences. I find Wise's film to be highly suspensful and engrossing, and the way it focuses on the details of the scientific aspects of the story is something you rarely see in movies.
Scott
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2001, 11:41:14 AM »

I also like the more serious minded film, so I will put this on my "to rent" list since I wasn't home yesterday to watch it on tv. It sounds good.
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2001, 11:45:44 AM »

Another point in favore of Andromida Strain....it treats the audience like they have two brain cells to rub together. No simple minded romantic subplot to gag up the works, they act like professional adults! How offten ya' see that? And, the actors communicate the amazement and wonder they have at discovering this new thing. I wish that happened more often in films...that sence of WONDER!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TV Picks of the Week « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.