Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:03:58 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Son of Stuff I Seen « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Son of Stuff I Seen  (Read 5428 times)
Chadzilla
« on: March 05, 2001, 02:36:22 PM »

"Sweet rhapsody of life at last I found you..."

The Mole People (1955??):

John Agar (yeah!), Nestor Pavia (YEAH!), and HUGH BEAUMONT (huh?!) stumble across an underground soceity that worships Ishtar (The Goddess, not the movie) just in time to help the monstrous looking slaves revolt against their slimey overlords.  As far as fifties schlock goes this is okay, but nothing special.  It does help to be in a nostalgic mood for it to go down easier.  I hated the ending as a kid and as an adult.  2 slimes.

Gappa, The Triphibian Monsters (1967):

Gap-paaaaaah!  Gap-paaaaah!  My what an irritating lyric.  The movie itself is a mildly amusing spoof of Kaiju Hijinx.  The effects are good and the suits are slightly more suit looking than usual, probably since this movie was intended more as comedy than a metroplis mashing spectacle.  Look for the octopus snack hanging from Momma Gappa's mouth as she lumbers ashore looking for her baby, it's a hoot!  The ending is both hilarious and heartwarming.  Near the beginning you can see just where Emmerich and Devlin got that Deanzilla on a fishhook gag from.  Plagarists.  Nice change of pace though, but not something I'll be watching again anytime soon.  3 slimes.

Jason and the Argonauts (1963):

I think I am making a fair assumption when I say that fans and critics agree that this is the indisputable masterpiece of Ray Harryhausen's career.  Never has his work looked better, more seamless and life like (although my wife dismisses all these movies as "phony animations" which she proceeds to mock by moving around  the house in those trademarked jittery motions they make).  Also the movie itself is tightly written (something that cannot be said of other films featuring, or built around, Harryhausen's effects) and exceptionally well directed (no insult to Nathan Juran, but Don Chaffey's work here just blows him right out of the water).  The Hydra is a technical masterwork, although the six skeleton sword fight is the undisputed crowd pleaser (movies from Raimi's Army of Darkness to the overly buffoonish revision of The Mummy have paid *cough* 'homage' to it).  My favor bit is when a skeleton lets out a blood curdling rebel yell as they go on the attack.  This is a 5 slime masterpiece and the DVD looks beautiful, the picture so sharp and clear and clean it makes you weep with joy and wonder.  Required viewing.
flangepart
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2001, 02:54:48 PM »

The Mole People.  So,which ones were Dr. Forresters Rodies, jerry and Sylvia?                                                                                                             Gappa. Nice flick,and yes,it suffers from "Kenny Syndrom" So new?                                                                                                               Jason and the Argonauts. Ah,yes! And don't forget the music score. Bernard Harriman...such a genius!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Son of Stuff I Seen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.