Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:55:13 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films Occupying Dreams/Nightmares « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Films Occupying Dreams/Nightmares  (Read 900 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: January 09, 2004, 02:51:00 AM »

In my other post where the question was "Most disturbing film" I mentioned waking in mid-sleep with imagery from a recently viewed film, "Cannibal Holocaust" going through my head.

Cannibal Holocaust has extremely graphic violence....I watched it for the first time and then went to bed later that night.
I woke up  late at night into total darkness and my mind was immediately flooded with many images from it....some were like looking at a still photo....others played out as a scene in live action.
My mind even altered some of them...making changes to them in a surreal way.
Remember in the end of that movie when the blonde-haired guy is taking rifle shots at the cannibals?  
He takes a spear in the chest then they dismember and ultimately consume him on the spot.
My mind, in its sleeping state put ME in his position and I saw it in 1st person perspective....me shooting at natives....thankfully in my dream/nightmare I did not take a spear in the chest.
Other images, especially the rape, murder and consumption of the female at the end of the film were seared into the fabric of my dream with gritty clarity.

I guess this falls back to when we were kids and a movie gave us nightmares...in fact many good horror movies are judged solely by that....whether it gave you nightmares or not.
They don't necesarrily have to be nightmares.

Has a recent film viewing and its images stirred you from sleep...?
What film was it and was it a positive or negative experience?

Post Edited (01-09-04 02:24)
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 03:20:08 AM »

I had nightmares about NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD for years....it started when I was about 11 or 12 and read a lot of Stephen King.  He talked about the movie a lot, and that was enough to get my imagination going.  I had nightmares about it before I even saw it!

I've also had a lot of nightmares about THE EXORCIST.  That's probably the main reason NOTLD and THE EXORCIST are my two favorite horror films.

What's really funny is the nightmares are often similar to that crappy movie THE VIDEO DEAD, where I know something is going to come out of the television or else I will be transmitted into the world of the movie [usually one of the above two films] as soon as the movie begins....I try to change the channel but it's on every channel, and the television can't be switched off or unplugged.....
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 08:05:33 PM »

TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (original) had me kicking in my sleep the night I watched that one.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 08:27:25 PM »

I saw Alien when it was first released  in 1979 at the Cinema 150, the mignight show. At the time I was house sitting for my older brother. I did not sleep that night.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
dean
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 03:06:21 AM »

I once had a wierd dream involving the Video Clip to a Madonna song, 'Frozen'  I don't wish to go into it though. :P

I had a quite amusing dream which involved Freddy Krueger and me hanging at a cheap clothing store, he tried to kill me, but then we became buddies and just hung around the store chatting, then everynow and then he'd go off and kill someone in the store for no real reason, then come back and keep chatting.

I don't seem to really have movies specifically in my dreams, but mainly when something movie related happens, it's more with the characters.  Sometimes the story of the movie is involved such as me wandering round during Gremlins 2 as a human member of that gremlin posse, and a quite disturbing scene invloving the female gremlin hitting on me, but more than often it's just the characters.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films Occupying Dreams/Nightmares « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.