Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:35:23 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Manos, the Hands of Fate « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Manos, the Hands of Fate  (Read 246060 times)
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2007, 07:18:41 PM »

You know, I think the treatment MST3k gives each film is a little different- the film plays a part, sure- I think the general concensus of the viewers played a major part in how the movie is mocked. Also, some movies are easier to enjoy MST'ed than others, depending on each viewer's preferences. I generally enjoy it, but once in a while I think they get overly fixated on something or just hate a movie so badly they lay into it a bit more than usual. Sometimes, it can be funny- the riffs that originated from the "comin' up on your mudflaps" line from Riding With Death comes to mind...
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2007, 11:46:29 AM »

You make a good point. I always watch MST3K with my 'bad movie buddy' and we tend to riff along with it ourselves if the episode isn't so good. In the better episodes we tend to be silent, laughing our asses off at Crow, Tom Servo and Mike/Joel, but in some others where they're not so hot we enjoy riffing the film ourselves, just like we would a raw film.
COOLGUY
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2007, 05:27:17 AM »

My brain hurts when i watch this movie.
Tsukasa Macleod
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2007, 11:40:35 AM »

How Can anyone like this movie? After about 15 minutes I started rinsing my eyes with alcohol. When it was over, I actually wanted to claw my eyes out and dunk my face in a bucket of mercury, would have been a lot more pleasurable than watching "Manos" again. Spread the word Webmaster! STOP THE CIRCULATION OF THIS MOVIE! It kills more than the tape from "Ringu" (The original japanese version of "The Ring" for those who don't know.)
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2007, 06:35:49 AM »

I actually own a copy of this movie in raw form (no MST3K).  Bluesad  It has to be locked away.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2007, 09:33:57 AM »

I actually own a copy of this movie in raw form (no MST3K).  Bluesad  It has to be locked away.

Yea I have that too.  I think I need to get a safety deposit box at a Bank so I can store it away.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2007, 01:24:23 AM »

To be fair, it was low budget filmmaking, which was harder back then. The guy had a vision, tried to make it, and Manos is the result. I sometimes ponder what if I tried to make my creative visions into a thing- be it a book, film or art peice- would it become a Manos? Poorly done, badly criticized, most remembered for being mocked... A little unnerving, to be honest. Yes, you truly can do worse than Manos...

I've made several short films.  Longest about 6 or 7 minutes.  I still haven't sat down and watched ALL of Manos (a friend was watching it and I was doing homework), but I have to say my 7 minute short was more entertaining and, generally speaking, better made than Manos. 
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2007, 07:39:17 PM »

Manos, the ahh... hands of fate.

I just watched it today, LOL I love net access at work. That show is joyously horrible. 

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
RW Smith
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »

Don't forget that Torgo has the biggest knees in the world.
Gary Bowden
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2007, 02:03:09 PM »

I've only seen the MST3K version and that was enough for me.I couldn't watch the movie by itself.I'd rather sit through Howard the Duck or something..oh,wait,let me take that back,ok?? Anyway,did anyone notice the clipboard(I think that's what it's called)briefly at the beginning of the scene with the young couple??? Also,what was the point of having the cops if all their job was is to harrass the young couple?? I heard that the star/director rented the equipment,so he couldn't do more takes and had to get it finished as fast as possible.Plus,there was talk of a sequel and also,there's a short doc about Manos that came out last year,I think...Worst movie of all time?? YES!!! At least Plan 9 was enjoyable to watch..
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2008, 04:51:31 PM »

Watched this one again last night, with my 'bad movie buddy' Chris and my brother-in-law Alex. Always a good laugh to ad-lib along with this one.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2008, 12:25:03 PM »

When a movie failes to bring you into its 'world', riffing allows you to bring it into one of your own...preferably one with sharp objects...
Verbal nuclear scale wedgies are such a relief from the pain...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
chris conley
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2008, 09:27:20 PM »

a comedy movie should be made out of this movie for its so surreal and awful the dubbing by torgo by the way makes him sound like a robot. by the way does he die at the end or did they just burn his hand off and he left.
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2008, 06:06:58 PM »

a comedy movie should be made out of this movie
The MST3K ep ;)
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2008, 05:03:40 AM »

You could make a good Ed Wood style movie around the making of this movie. Like the same way in the movie Ed Wood they were filming Plan 9 From Outer Space. The reality of Manos is near the same (maybe without the crossdressing). There are some good stories around the filming of Manos. A travelling salesman bankrolls his own production, oh yeah, that's a movie.

"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Manos, the Hands of Fate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.