Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:05:08 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dragon Storm on SciFi « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Dragon Storm on SciFi  (Read 6754 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 17, 2004, 01:48:41 AM »

Yet another low-budget effort from UFO Films. Looks like a ripoff of Reign of Fire set in the middle ages. It airs Jan. 24th. Anyone planning to watch it?
I luv dolma
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 08:16:36 PM »

I'll probably watch it. You can tell if the movie is going to suck if you don't see the monster in the commercial. And in this case, you don't see the monster (dragon) in the commercial, thus the CGI or puppets or whatever will stink like always when it comes to sci-fi primetime or anytime!

CURSE OF THE KOMODO! ONE MONTH LEFT TO GO!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 09:29:10 PM »

I saw dragons in the ad and they looked a lot like the ones in Reign of Fire.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Foywonder
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 06:17:08 AM »

Actually, it looks like one of the REIGN OF FIRE dragons suffering from anorexia.

And remember, they're space dragons that fall from the sky in meteors.
JohnL

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 07:07:54 PM »

>Actually, it looks like one of the REIGN OF FIRE dragons suffering from anorexia.

You know, they never really said in Reign of Fire, exactly where the dragons came from originally (or I missed it), so maybe this is a prequel. It shows how the dragons originally came to Earth and were beaten into submission, only to be re-awakened in RoF. :)
I luv dolma
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 08:37:24 PM »

In Reign of Fire, the main character Quin (or whatever his name was) finds them under the earth, in a mining cave or something. They're making s**t up really. And wakes up one the dragons, and that causes all of them to wake up, and the next thing you know the earth is covered with them.
Max Gardner
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 06:10:34 PM »

I think I'll skip this one.  Reign of Fire left a bad taste in my mouth.  I figured it would at least be entertaining, but it was just a boring piece of crap.
JohnL

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 10:59:04 PM »

>In Reign of Fire, the main character Quin (or whatever his name was) finds them
>under the earth, in a mining cave or something. They're making s**t up really.
>And wakes up one the dragons, and that causes all of them to wake up, and the
>next thing you know the earth is covered with them.

Yes, they were awakened from their sleep underground, but how did they get there in the first place? Where did they come from originally? Maybe they came to Earth in Dragon Storm, almost get killed off, but go into hibernation underground to be found in Reign of Fire.

You just *KNOW* that Dragon Storm is going to end with a shot of a dragon egg hidden away somewhere, or the camera will zoom underground to show a dragon's eye opening.
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 11:40:29 AM »

Yep.
They can't leave the "Sequal prep" alone. Its SO predictable....
Its looks like the same Dragons as RoF, so your plot predictions sounds right.
So....hibernate hundreds of years...what kept them alive? "Dragon Fat?" Or am i asking for too much logic?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
raj

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2004, 01:58:26 PM »

Logic was the first casualty in RoF.

I'll watch Dragon Storm, it beats paying $7.50 to see Reign.  Maybe there should be a drinking contest every time a plot cliche pops up.  Or take bets on who gets killed in what order.
Eirik
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2004, 02:02:56 PM »

ROF suffered from the same logic problem as Battlefield Earth.  Simply put:

The bad guys thrashed the hell out of the combined might of the world's militaries, and then got their ass handed to them by a handful of neanderthals with crossbows and axes.

But ar least ROF didn't have the neanderthals learn to fly fighter planes by spending a couple of days on the simulator.  Yee gad!  And the planes were 1000 years old and still worked!  Ever see a thousand year old sword?  It looks like a rock!  Man that movie sucked.  Makes ROF look like Army of Darkness now that I think of it.  Ugh.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2004, 02:14:51 PM »

Just  found out this was directed by Stephen Furst (Animal House, St. Elsewhere, Babylon 5). and was made in Bulgaria. I'm probably going to watch this to see how run of the mill  (or not) it is.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
tbird
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2004, 11:29:26 PM »

Anyone watching this movie? I'm watching and it's kinda lame!
TWNolan
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2004, 12:11:19 AM »

it was not the best....but....better then others i have seen
Ron Jacome
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2004, 12:17:29 AM »

So Does anyone know where to get a cast listing for this B rated movie. The credits seem to only list two actors. Who plays the princess?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dragon Storm on SciFi « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.