Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:57:33 AM
714528 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need Help With Film Title « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need Help With Film Title  (Read 1524 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: January 19, 2004, 01:02:18 PM »

A co-worker of mine was saying that she keeps trying to find a film that she saw as a child.  The film was about a young girl who goes to live with her father and his new wife in a rural area.  The girl keeps seeing a woman outside in the woods.  The girl always goes out to follow the woman but can never find her.

Her parents think she's crazy since neither of them see the woman.  One day the girl follows the woman and falls or gets hurt...something.  The woman then helps her.

This is all coming from my co-worker, so I'm not sure if all the info is correct.  The film is in B&W by the way.

Any ideas would help.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Susan
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 01:27:33 PM »

Can't help with the title but I think know the film your co-working may be referring to. The little girl's very sad until this invisible friend who was a beautiful woman would visit her. At first she only see's her and eventually she talks to her. Her father began to scold her for it thinking it was encouraging her to lie about things that aren't true. One scene I think he gives her a spanking because of it. There was also something about her visiting an old woman, in any case she gets lost in a snowstorm. I can't remember why tho, if she was running away, looking for her invisible friend or the daughter of that old lady was trying to kill her.

I think it turns out the invisible woman was her dead mother.  Maybe that will help joggle somene's memory

Post Edited (01-19-04 12:29)
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 01:47:17 PM »

Just a guess...it might be "Watcher in the Woods", a weird ass Disney flick with Bette Davis.

Here's the IMDB link:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0081738/

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 02:24:14 PM »

Susan's description sounds exactly right!

Anyone have any idea what film it is?  I'm curious now.

Keep in mind that my co-worker is an older woman, and that this is a film she had seen as a child.

I'm thinking made within the 40s-late 50s.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 08:35:01 AM »

bump

Darkautumn
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 01:38:26 PM »

Sounds an awful lot like "Curse of the Cat People" from the 40s. In that indirect sequel to the original "Cat People," the man who was married to were-panther Simone Simon is re-married with a young daughter. He and his wife don't have much time for the girl who is befriended by the ghost of her father's first wife (Simon.) She also periodically visits an old woman who tells her stories, one of them being the tale of the Headless Horseman. At the climax, the little girl runs away and gets lost in a snowstorm. She hides from a search party, thinking that it's the Headless Horseman chasing her. The ghost woman keeps her safe until her parents find her.
More of a moving ghost story then a supernatural horror yarn, it's one of that era's best. I'm pretty sure that's the one you're looking for, and even if it isn't check it out anyway. You won't be sorry.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 02:09:09 PM »

Darkautumn, that is the one!

Once again, the collective intelligence of this board amazes me.

Thanks guys!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need Help With Film Title « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.