Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:19:56 PM
714528 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Precious Find" (and it's not a ring) part 1 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Precious Find" (and it's not a ring) part 1  (Read 2092 times)
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 19, 2004, 10:50:40 PM »

I picked up "Precious Find" used for two bucks simply because for the cost of a rental I could own something I would probably rent anyway; it had Rutger Hauer in it (and Brion James as a bonus)

I haven't finished watching the movie, yet.  It's a fairly low budget sci-fi B movie from 1996 about gold prospectors in outer space.  In this movie, gold is nicknamed "Precious" and if anthing, the constant repitition of the word "precious"  is more unnerving than Gollum

Anyway, regardless of the movie, it's pretty clearthat Rutger Hauer and Brion James are both getting on in years.  Their roles here work well with their ages and they are obviously having a lot of fun here  as B movie veterans playing somewhat eccentric old men.  Watching them work and play off each other is a lot of fun.

Post Edited (01-19-04 22:02)

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Bgrade.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 08:29:30 PM »

I really wanted this movie to be better as I love Reutger Hauer.

As for Hauer acting old and drunk try his part in Lexx (Eatting Pattern)
Favorite Hauer film = "Blood of heroes"
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

Re:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 10:04:19 PM »

Yeah, this one was pretty bad

It started ok, but when it switched from the three man characters to bring in Joan Chen and her partner and focused more on the 'love stoty' aspect it went down hill fast

The scene where Brion James was left at the hospital was actually pretty well done...and totally out of place with the movie up until then

For a few minutes I actually thought Rutger Hauer was really drunk and they just wrote a bit of dialog around his behavior.  I think he was trying to escape the feeling of the scenes

Post Edited (01-20-04 21:35)

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Bgrade
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 10:22:45 PM »

In the movie "Crossworlds" you would have a hard time proving to me that huaer wasn't actually drunk the hole movie.

All I can say is that he acts drunk well even when the character isn't drinking.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Precious Find" (and it's not a ring) part 1 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.