Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:36:02 PM
714583 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Teleportation (how it might work) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Teleportation (how it might work)  (Read 3435 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 09:52:07 AM »

ad wrote:

>
> This makes me recall an old Black-and-white movie about some
> guy who goes back to kill Hitler - all I remember is him
> standing in a window frame with a rifle in one hand with his
> sights on Hitler. Then a knock occurs on the door - and that's
> all I can remember - don't even remember the film's title.
>

I think this is a 'Twilight Zone' episode, at least it sounds similar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Dave Munger
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2004, 11:16:56 PM »

I've been meaning to point something out to people all over online for awhile now, and I have elected to so honor this board. The term "flash mob" seems to be derived from "flash crowd", which was coined by Larry Niven in a series of short stories about teleportation including "The Last Days Of The Permanent Floating Riot Club". Glad I got that off my chest.

http://davemunger.blogspot.com
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2004, 03:25:02 AM »

All I know is, if they ever do figure it out, I sure as hell ain't getting into one.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
JohnL

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2004, 04:49:44 AM »

I've read accounts of the experiments into teleportation also. If I recall correctly, one article said that they were working on getting it to teleport a single atom and that if they could accomplish that, the only obstacle would be the computer power required to teleport something.

As for the methods involved, the idea of creating a copy and destroying the original has been used several times. It was at the heart of the book Waystation by Clifford Simak and it was used in an episode of the new Outer Limits. I've always thought that if it worked this way, *YOU* wouldn't actually go anywhere, it would create a copy of you somewhere else and you'd die.

>This makes me recall an old Black-and-white movie about some guy who goes
>back to kill Hitler

I agree with ulthar, I think this is one of the hour-long Twilight Zone episodes, No Time Like the Past

Finally, I also liked the story The Jaunt. The part that gets me is trying to imagine what it would be like to be awake through such a trip where you would experience millions of years worth of limbo. The scary part is that seems like something I'd do.
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2004, 10:42:05 AM »

If I recall correctly, one article said that they were working on getting it to teleport a single atom and that if they could accomplish that, the only obstacle would be the computer power required to teleport something.

I recall the articles about IBM working on this and basically the probelm was that the time  to break down and digitize and transmit the information in even something as simple as an apple would take years (like in the thousabds or millions range).   So while the technology is theoretically possible, it won't be pragmatically doable for quite some time

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
akshay
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2004, 10:26:42 AM »

hi  ,,,
  i amm akshay  .. doing my  engineering ...  i have  got  a  paper  presentation  so  i  chose   the  this topic ... and i  amm not  getting  sufficient  information  regarding  this  ..  so  i  kindly  request  u  to  provide me  all  the  sufficient   information
  thanking  you
akshay
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Teleportation (how it might work) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.