Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:28:25 PM
714411 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wizard World 2001...Chicago « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wizard World 2001...Chicago  (Read 3192 times)
PoorLogic
« on: August 20, 2001, 06:34:21 PM »

I went to this comic convention on Sunday - Please not that I don't read comic or play any role playing games, therefore 85% of the stuff at Wizard World was of little or no interest to me. Still, I met Lou "The Incredible Hulk" Ferrigno and Erin Gray from "Buck Rogers" and "Sliver Spoons" (she looks very old). A buddy of mine attends these conventions to promote his publication company - so I have an excuse for my attendance.

As for movies, I found a goldmine:

Fantasitic Four (The live action Roger Corman Film)

The Phantom Edit (The Phantom Menace with Jar Jar editied down)

Final Fantasy, Shrek and Evolution (all decent bootlegs)

The Duel (a 3rd film from the people who made Stormriders, Man Called Hero)

Not much in the way of DVD's, but I was able to pick up both Slient Bob and Jay action figures from Viewaskew booth.

Naganooch!
Scott Davis
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2001, 12:19:47 PM »

I just got the Fantastic Four movie in mail yesterday. I was watching it with my brother and dad and we couldn't finish it.

We have 30 minutes left too. Its too painful!!

How is the SWEP1:TPE?? I actually just heard about it the other day and it sounds cool. I also heard  that Lucas was p**sed off about because it was better then his final product.
PoorLogic
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2001, 01:57:43 PM »

I really liked The Phantom Edit, Jar Jar was made much more serious, like a warrior type and most of the alien voices were changed to sound less like Muppets. Knocks 20 minutes off the film, I loved it.
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2001, 10:53:34 AM »

Well, damm...where can i get this version? Is it a bootleg? It would have to be, woulden't it. Cool! Now if you could only do this to other flicks....hummm...with improving computer power, this could happen! After the fact film editing.....personalise YOUR favorite inadiquate film, and make it what YOU want! A new use for TIVO?
AndyC
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2001, 05:10:40 PM »

Flangepart wrote:
"with improving computer power, this could happen! After the fact film editing.....personalise YOUR favorite inadiquate film, and make it what YOU want! A new use for TIVO?"

In the past, I've given some thought to the idea of future technology allowing a viewer to customize a movie. It seemed rather like painting on the Mona Lisa to mess with a good film, but in the case of The Phantom Menace, Lucas has already done that to Star Wars. Anyone who can alter this piece of crap is righting a terrible wrong - a bland story that ignores too much of what has gone before, padded out with heavy-handed comic relief, irrelevant special effects, merchandising tie-ins, and assorted junk to amuse the kiddies. How much of what you see on the screen advances the story in any way? Every effort was made to kill the time and take my money without answering any important questions or showing me anything I was hoping to see. There aren't even any really cool ships to look at. Some of those rebel ships were prety old in the original trilogy. We'd better start seeing some of those designs in the next movie. And don't even get me started on the frigging midichlorians.

Sorry. (deep breath) Back to altering movies. Imagine if you could store an actor's appearance, voice and style on your hard drive. Using some futuristic editing program, you could cut and paste him into a role in an existing movie, and the program would alter the whole movie as if he had actually played the part.

William Shatner as Gandhi. Sir John Gielgud as Happy Gilmore. Arnold Schwarzenegger as Moses. Gary Shandling as Rambo. The possibilities are endless.
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2001, 05:35:54 PM »

The Possabilites ARE endless...and frightning! Wasen't there a movie about a similar idea,with Albert Finny as star? I'm with you , AndyC, don't get me started on the Midiclorians either...what, the force is the resault of germs? The very idea contaminates the heroics of Luke and Ben and...why go on? It just Sucks! Loved the last paragraph!...hehehe.....Starring: Adam Sandler as Pharoah!...Don Knotts as The Man with No Name....Hillary Clinton as Leona Helmsly(Oh,wait, thats been done).....Clint Eastwood as Peewee herman....(Stop him before he writes anymore!)AGhhhhhh!.........
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2001, 07:43:04 PM »

...Or better yet, Pee-Wee Herman as Clint Eastwood! Fred Rogers as Jules Winfield (Pulp Fiction)... Pauly Shore as Charles Foster Kane... Sir Laurene Olivier as Chewbacca... Christopher Walken as the kid in Home Alone... "When Harry Met Sally," starring Dennis Hopper and Divine... On second thought, maybe this invention would be a monster...
Mofo Rising
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2001, 12:21:24 AM »

Has anybody ever looked at the special edition DVD of MEN IN BLACK?  I remember the fact that you could edit the movie yourself as being featured as one of the key selling points.  I imagine it was very limited but it's a step along the lines you were thinking of.
AndyC
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2001, 02:17:07 AM »

Dom deLuise as James Bond.
Ben Stein as Freddy Kruger.
Persis Khambatta (with or without hair) as Scarlet O'Hara.
Andrew Dice Clay as Willy Wonka.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wizard World 2001...Chicago « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.