Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:43:34 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Is anybody else having problems with the text on the reviews loading? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is anybody else having problems with the text on the reviews loading?  (Read 2351 times)
Psychomaniac
« on: August 21, 2001, 01:35:44 PM »

Ever since I downloaded the new "2.6 upgrage" for webtv,I can't get any of the text to load on the review pages. The pics and mpeg video work fine but I can't read anything. Since nobody else seems to notice,it must be the new webtv upgrade. I also noticed that no sponsors banner appears in the spot it usually does on the home page,it's just a blank space I can't click (I think you try to click the sponsor often to support sites that are cool like this one) Hey Andrew,mabey you should check and see if any other webtv users with the 2.6 upgrade are having problems,if so,we should all e-mail webtv and b***h.
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2001, 05:41:48 PM »

I'm going to guess that you do see the "Random Act of Violence" or "Random Gratuitous Breast Shot" entries though - in which case your new WebTV upgrade does not adhere to the HTML standard.  I write all of the website's code from scratch and use a very worn copy of Osborne's "HTML Programmer's Reference."  I might be entirely wrong, but this would be my first guess.

Anyone can email a report of this problem to: Support4U@corp.webtv.net

Andrew
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2001, 05:49:46 PM »

I've sent an email to their support center.  Will advise if they give me an answer.  Here it is verbatim:

I run a website dedicated to b-movies.  The code is written entirely from scratch, using Editpad, and is written for the HTML 4 standard.  Some WebTV users have reported that the text of my review articles is no longer displayed since they upgraded to version 2.6.  I am guessing that the TEXT = argument (inside of the BODY tag) is not being correctly supported.  Is there a known bug on this or any further information on why it would be happening?

The website and pages have been tested with Netscape (several versions), IE (several versions), Opera, the old AOL browser, and older versions of WebTV. This is a new problem, only seeming to affect WebTV 2.6.

Here is the URL: http://www.badmovies.org
    A sample movie review: http://www.badmovies.org/movies/zaat/index.html
Abby
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2001, 02:58:52 AM »

God bless you, Andrew.
Psychomaniac
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2001, 12:23:08 PM »

Andrew,you're right,I do see the "random act of violence" text. I also just noticed that the sponsor banners do load but it takes a while. By the way,I messed up that sentence I wrote about clicking the banners,instead of saying,"you click the banners",I meant to say "people shoud click the banners on sites like these",I just thought I'd clear that up because that sentence didn't make sense. About webtv,I have a feeling that unless this problem is happening on lots of pages (this is the only page I've noticed this type of problem on since the upgrade) They'll take their time fixing it. Every time there's an upgrade,there's new things you can do,and old things you can't do. Before I couldn't go to any sites with flash intros or my box would power off,now flash works fine but I can't play much of the real audio songs I used to listen to. webtv has it's advantages,but it sucks because you can't go buy any software,you have to wait till they send you one of their "upgrades".
Andrew
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2001, 05:51:58 PM »

You will probably only notice it on pages that do not use a white background or style sheets.  Still, it's a part of the HTML 4 standard and hopefully I'll hear back from them on what the malfunction is.

Andrew
Chris
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2001, 08:15:05 PM »

There is one way I found around this problem. If you press "find" and then put in a word you know will be in the review (the title is usually a pretty reliable). The first occurance of the word will be high-lighted, and readable. Then hold down cmd and press the a key, high-lighting all the text. A little harder on the eyes then how the text usually appears, but it should suffice until our problem is addressed.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Is anybody else having problems with the text on the reviews loading? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.