Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:21:03 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Weird Urges « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: OT: Weird Urges  (Read 9824 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2004, 06:11:45 AM »

Hahaha!!!...good post NIGHTS!

You know, someone on here just in the last week or 2 stated that they liked the phrase, "It's just crazy enough to work." and that SO applies here!

It could!

That's f**kin' genius man!

Hehe!
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2004, 11:24:49 AM »

I would love to do that. But then I would be out of a job.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2004, 12:22:27 PM »

The best you can do is TRY to be patient and see things from their point of view - they need a service that they really, really want you to provide.

Here's a quick story that shows that spontaneous 'weird urges' can be beneficial.  Many years ago, I waited tables at a vacation resort.  One lady visiting for the whole week was a nightmare to everybody - she was very demanding, and not so nice about it.  And, she got put in my section more often than not.

Near the end of her stay, I had the weird and totally spontaneous urge to be as nice to her as possible and to greet everything she said with enthusiasm.  At one point, after impressing her with something I did (getting her ketchup BEFORE she asked for it or something), she asked me 'how did you get to be so smart?'

I replied, totally off the cuff, 'from listening to folks like you.'

She busted out laughing (a first for the week) and she was 'mine.'  I got REALLY, REALLY good tips from her after that.  I think she knew she was 'high maintenance' and respected that after a week of frustration, I found a way to get through it.  It's really odd, but I now think of her with fondness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
raj

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2004, 01:36:08 PM »

not capitolize.

Sorry, just couldn't resist

also, apostrophy.  Dang, now you've got me being a spelling freak.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2004, 02:47:58 PM »

raj wrote:

> not capitolize.
>
> Sorry, just couldn't resist
>
> also, apostrophy.  Dang, now you've got me being a spelling
> freak.

See, now - why the heck did you have to do that to me?  I was happily not reading my post so I wouldn't feel the need to make corrections, and now I've got to check it....

razzafrakin...gawl-dern...

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2004, 03:20:50 PM »

I've just noticed.  I'm also overly fond of ellipses.  You know, that bit where there are three periods in a row...

I've just gone through several of my posts, and I don't seem to be able to make a post here without putting in ellipses.  I never noticed that before.

Okay, I guess nobody else considers that weird enough to mention here, but, dang it, I do!

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
raj

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2004, 03:49:11 PM »

Heh heh heh, just doing my part to spread a little chaos around.  Or obsessive compulsiveness.
Cricket21a
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2004, 07:12:17 PM »

Bubble Wrap might be the solution :)  I know I have a problem if I get something that's wrapped in that stuff I can't help but want to pop it.

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
Stephen Hawking
Ash

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2005, 09:20:58 AM »

Odinn was mentioning the "Crushing glass" thread.
I totally forgot that I'd started it and couldn't remember what he was getting at but then he mentioned remembering me talking about squeezing a Christmas ornament.....I'll never forget that.  
Even if I live to be 80, I'll always remember doing that because it scared the s**t outta me!

Now I remember.

Let's continue this....It's been awhile.  Almost two years now since I wrote this on January 7th, 2004.

I especially like The Spinner tale.

Any weird urges lately?

Post Edited (09-04-05 09:37)
Ash

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2005, 09:27:51 AM »

TheFeen wrote:

> I work in the pet food department of a supermarket and when a
> customer asks me a non petfood related question  i usually have
> to fight the urge to throw Frolic Complete in their face and
> say 'Ask me about petfoods a***ole!'

Now that I look back on this thread and read this response, I must say that it's freakin' hilarious!

"Ask me about pet foods a***ole!!!"  

LOL!
raj

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2005, 11:16:35 AM »

I have had this weird urge of late to set up a different account, and login to post messages designed to annoy you, Ash.
Um, not that I've acted upon it.  Really.
Jim H

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2005, 12:26:36 AM »

When I see certain things, like the bannisters that support a handrail (the wooden ones going up stairs) I often want to punch them to see if I could break them easily.  Reminded me of that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Weird Urges « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.