Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:54:49 PM
714462 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I have just seen the worst occult movie! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have just seen the worst occult movie!  (Read 1273 times)
Johnny Z
Dedicated Viewer

« on: January 27, 2004, 10:32:13 PM »

I am sure there are people that differ on my opinion, but this movie absolutely sucked!!! I just watched Race With The Devil on Fox Movie Channel and could barely stand watching the whole thing. I watched it to the end because I like Peter Fonda, but he couldn't even save the film. Anybody else have a different opinion on the worst occult film ever?

If it's on Cinemax past midnight, it has to be bad.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 11:03:10 PM »

just wait untill you see "the touch of satan'..uhhgnn...

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 11:13:22 PM »

I've read mixed reviews on this one. I  search the month for Horror/Sci-Fi movies on TV-Now for films to watch, but RACE WITH THE DEVIL must not have fallen into those two catagories or I would have watched it. Maybe I'll get a chance again sometime.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 11:38:11 PM »

RACE WITH THE DEVIL is one of my "guilty pleasures."  I absolutely love the ending.

The key is to think of it as a car chase movie rather than an occult movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 11:46:27 PM »

By the way . . . I saw RACE WITH THE DEVIL during its theatrical run.  I saw it on a double feature with W.W. AND THE DIXIE DANCE KINGS.  Now THAT is a sorry ass movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 12:10:14 AM »

what does the plot consist of?
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 12:13:14 AM »

This was a classic late night movie when I was a kid.

RVers run afoul of a satanic cult, who proceed to chase them everywhere.
Johnny Z
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 07:48:50 AM »

The dumbest part to me was the trouble starts with the rv'ers pulling off to a side road to camp out instead of going to an rv park. This is where they witness the occult sacrifice. How does the movie end? Anyone, anyone? They pull off to a side road for the night after they thought they were out of  danger and the occultists come out of the woods and set a fire around the rv. Seems like they should have learned their lesson.

Post Edited (01-28-04 18:08)

If it's on Cinemax past midnight, it has to be bad.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 09:14:21 AM »

Passed by this flick last night on cable.  Didn't sound to interesting at the time.

But, RVs and Satanists!?  

I'm so there!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 10:39:48 AM »

Actually, this movie set a stunt record (which may have been broken since then, I'm not sure).  In one scene, a car gets knocked off the road and it rolls over numerous times.  It set the record for the most times a car rolled over in a movie stunt.

And you have to love the cast:

* PETER FONDA
* WARREN OATES
* LORETTA SWIT
* LARA PARKER
* R.G. ARMSTRONG

B-movie heaven!

This would make a great double feature with DIRTY MARY, CRAZ LARRY

JohnL

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 12:00:51 AM »

>what does the plot consist of?

A group of people travelling in an RV witness a bunch of satanists performing a ritual. They're spotted, so naturally, they have to die. Basically, no matter where they go, they're not safe because there are members of the cult *EVERYWHERE*. It's kind of like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, because you can't trust anyone and you never know when the sweet old lady you just smiled at will try to kill you.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 08:33:57 AM »

HA,HA! I remember always seeing to cover of this with the car on fire, it always looked pretty Z-grade. It sounds like a winner though.
yaddo42
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 10:35:56 PM »

I like it as a guilty pleasure at best. The motocross bikes, the RV, the bad logic by the characters, the small town library with a large detailed book about satanism in a town full of covert satanists, the clothes, R G Armstrong menacing people, and the classic silly twist ending. The opening credits actually looks worthy of a much bigger movie.

Peter Fonda said in his book that he and Warren Oates only made this one since the paycheck was big enough that they could afford to make "92 In The Shade" ( which they both wanted to do very badly) even though the pay offered for it was below their asking prices. He asked his agent or manager to find another movie starting right after "92" would finish for that he and Oates could both work on, no matter how bad, as long as it paid well.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I have just seen the worst occult movie! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.