Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:20:43 AM
714398 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tasteless friends.What am I to do « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tasteless friends.What am I to do  (Read 8311 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2004, 02:01:26 PM »

I hear where you're coming from. I hang out with people that will watch any wierd-indie-cult film with me. But none of them like horror movies, and that's my 2nd favorite type of film. kinda sucks. But you know where to find us B-freaks!

"We knocked on doors
  of hell's darkest chambers
  pushed to the limits
  we dragged ourselves in." -Joy Division
Jordan Haelend
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2004, 03:39:05 PM »

George wrote:

> Why does anyone care what their friends, family or anyone for
> that matter think about films.

I couldn't agree more. Some people go ballistic over what someone else likes/dislikes. I happen to like "The Ring" and I hated "SWE I: The Phantom Menace" as well as "SWE II: Attack of the Clones." I'm amused at how so many SW true believers go off on me over that, as if I'd spit on Jesus himself!
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2004, 06:36:07 PM »

I have one friend at work who is in to some of the things I like in films. But , even she doesn't always 'get' my attachment to old  B movies and bad movies.

I lean towards Science Fiction, thriller type horror movies (never been a fan of slashers or a lot of gore), monster movies, westerns, and comedies (British stuff and things like the Coen brothers).

I have defended many a movie that was decried as junk.  So, I sympathize with you  Nick .  I am lucky that I have a wife that has put up with my weirdness for 22 years.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
saul-bruce
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2004, 08:26:56 AM »

yeah i habe a friend who has tastless movies under his bed where he secretly eats baked beans out of the boxes, he is on this forum, he is ashcampbell, his favorite movie is timecop........ and he like it so much he bought two, one to be kept in pristine condition & the other to constantly eat his baked beans out of,

damn you ashcampbell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2004, 01:10:54 PM »

I've been lucky enough to have at least a couple of friends who like the same movies I do. Of course, I started watching movies with them back in the early eighties, when we thought movies like Megaforce were cool.

Still, I have other friends who don't seem to like anything but action movies. Since they got married they've been forced to include pretentious dramas, but then, so have I. Anyway, I can understand the frustration of planning an afternoon at the movies with somebody who will reject really good movies in knee-jerk fashion, or trying to enjoy a movie while your two buddies are whispering to each other about how stupid it is. One guy used to p**s me right off, because he hated science fiction, and was very vocal about it. Problem was, he'd never watched any. He would declare that he'd never seen Star Wars as if it added weight to what he was saying. We had lots of other common interests to enjoy, and we even enjoyed a lot of the same movies, within certain limits, but it could be frustrating at times.

The hardest part is when somebody knocks a movie you like because it actually required them to use their brains, as Ash said. They didn't get it, so it's stupid. You happened to understand it and like it, and you come off looking like the idiot.

I can think of one other reason why we could justifiably be concerned about what other people like. The movie industry is like a democracy, making movies for the majority. If most people like something you don't, it affects what becomes available to you. Of course, the real problem there is the industry.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tasteless friends.What am I to do « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.