Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:04:24 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: And I Thought We Were All A Little Geeky... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: OT: And I Thought We Were All A Little Geeky...  (Read 15610 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2004, 11:46:11 AM »

I was like 24.7% or something like that on the geek test.  

I've seen episodes featuring every  Doctor  Who..

Most people in the U.S. always associate Tom Baker with the role and he did play the Doctor  longer than anyone else.  Jon Pertwee  is my favorite because he was the most action oriented  of the Doctors. Exiled on Earth for breaking the Timelords rules he worked for a United Nations organization called UNIT.  He used Venusian karate and was the first  Doctor to use the sonic screwdriver, plus he had a couple of  verhicles, Bessie and the Whomobile.

It was very interesting  how the Doctor  evolves in each of his regenerations.  One thing remained the same in all incarnations, he is arrogant. The regeneration thing itself was a gimmick to get around the fact that the actor (William Hartnell ) who played the Doctor was too frail to continue.  

BBC is in the process of  beginning production on a new Doctor Who series.  Real Whovians will know this already, but  here is the link to the BBC's cult page about  Doctor Who.  It includes a 1,200 page episode guide.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/index.shtml

By the way, is this geeky enough for you ?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2004, 01:06:14 AM »

>Further word from the good JohnL. I have a feeling I should have left the whole
>matter to you. Not bad, not bad at all...

The more the merrier! :)

>BBC is in the process of beginning production on a new Doctor Who series.
>Real Whovians will know this already, but here is the link to the BBC's cult page
>about Doctor Who. It includes a 1,200 page episode guide.

Hopefully the BBC will have the good sense not to mess with the formula too much and will just let them get back to making new episodes. Also hopefully, they'll ignore the US made movie and start with Sylvestor McCoy's regeneration into a new doctor. Unfortunately, they'll probably want to "update" it, or "put a new spin" on it and destroy the appeal that the original had.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2004, 04:34:21 AM »

Lies.  All LIES.

Yeah, I probably am.  Hence the name.

How long have you known me?

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2004, 12:04:27 PM »

Grumpy Guy wrote:

> How long have you known me?

If you have to ask, you don't need to know, Grompy.

And that was intentional.  Drip.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: And I Thought We Were All A Little Geeky... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.