Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:00:22 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Well it's time again...Flamewars « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Well it's time again...Flamewars  (Read 6698 times)
Bgrade
« on: February 06, 2004, 12:08:19 AM »

Well, the Flamewars seemd to have started in several threads again over the past weeks.  Guess it's time to go back in to lurk mode for two months.
This always happens in message groups. Such a shame.
A couple of people say something completely stupid or thick head, Others can't let someone be stupid, uppityness insues, cussing starts and someone brings up hittler.

Then the party is over. and everyone is p**sy for weeks

I'm going to go watch something happy like Sleepaway Camp II.
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 12:59:51 AM »

Where'd the flaming start?  I must have missed it.  There was a glitch in my computer for a few months that wouldn't allow me to access the phorum from my dorm computer so I had to go to the library and only posted briefly, but it's since rectified itself.  I've been paying closer attention lately now that I've been able to check the board on a regluar basis and I haven't noticed any flamers lately.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 02:00:32 AM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> Where'd the flaming start?  I must have missed it.  >

You didn't miss much, it wasn't that great. But in the interest of furthering discontent, I'll sum it up:

One guy asked was George Lucas gay. A couple of people said "who cares?". A group of people said "gay people are bad and God doesn't like them, because they subvert the American Ideal of capitalism, stoicism, masculinity, and wife beating". Then, another guy said "hey gay people aren't so bad". Then the first group(hereafter the anti-gay)called him a fudge packer. Then the second guy said "that's not cool...you're a dick!". Then the anti-gay invited him to copulate, orally, with his mother. Then someone else said "Why can't you drop it and leave s**t alone? What's with the negative vibe?". Then the anti-gay did some back pedalling of the "some of my best friends are gay" type. Then both sides quoted the bible. Then both sides said the other side mis-quoted the bible. The the anti-gay once again invited that first non-anti-gay dude to , once again, smoke a pole(so to speak). Then the guy who wasn't convinced gay people were all naughty and going to roast in hell, said "p**s off...I'm going to another message board". Then the anti-gay said boo hoo...and also something else about oral gratification. Every statement that was made in defense of the gay man, was qualified with the statement "I'm not gay...but" , just to clarify that while that person was all for peace, love, and understanding; they weren't themselves a member of the group in question and should , therefore, not be called a dirty name.

And that was pretty much it. Somewhere in the midst of this, our good friends ASHTHECAT and daveblackeye15, managed to make articulate, well- thought out statements, but noone was really into reason at this point and so continued to call everyone else non-christian cock suckers.

All in all, your typical "I hate, for the bible tells me so" kind of argument. That's right,Brothers and Sisters, your pal DJ wades through all the crap....so you don't have to.

Post Edited (02-06-04 01:14)

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 02:15:05 AM »

Oh wow.  I have a great talent for missing all these posts, which is good because people like that make me so angry I can't think straight and I probably would have joined in the incensed "p**s off you gay-hating bigoted Nazi" rhetoric.  I guess I just ignored that post because yes, George Lucas sucks some major bratwurst these days, but I don't have enough interest invested to get into an argument with a hardcore Star Wars fan about whether the new CGI Wars trilogy does or doesn't blow donkeys (it does ;).

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 02:31:47 AM »

Egad, I just read through that whole post.  I can't imagine how someone with such hardcore right-wing Bible Nazi views could possibly enjoy even the tamest of the movies we talk about here.  It would be like Jerry Falwell trying to enjoy Cannibal Ferox.  Just ain't gonna happen.

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 02:37:05 AM »

Who knows? Everyone has a soft spot...Hitler loved dogs.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 02:51:46 AM »

When I hear the term Flamewar I picture 2 groups of guys...each group on one end of a field kinda like Braveheart only each man has a flamethrower.

They scream back and forth at one another and then charge with flamethrowers fully blazin'!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 02:55:08 AM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

> When I hear the term Flamewar I picture 2 groups of guys...each
> group on one end of a field kinda like Braveheart only each man
> has a flamethrower.
>
> They scream back and forth at one another and then charge with
> flamethrowers fully blazin'!
>
> AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

See, now THAT would be worth watching!!

DJ
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 05:57:02 AM »

Yeah, I'm kinda glad I missed it, too.  I saw the topic, and I just sort of thought "who really cares?"  So I never read it.

For the record, I think people ought to be able to do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.  That's a big generalization, and such, but it's a nice summation.

And as to my sexuality, I tend to think of it as being only my own buisness.  Well, mine and any partners I might have.  They should probably know, too.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 08:39:57 AM »

110+ posts on one moronic topic.  One that's off topic for the board.

That's pretty sad.

No, actually, that's damn irritating.  It's been going on for too long.

Let's stick with movies, shall we, and leave the personal attacks BS to another board?

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 08:41:57 AM »

I too missed the thread, due to it's name.  Figured it was gonna start trouble and stayed away.

As for Brother R's idea of Jerry Falwell watching Cannibal Ferox......he is going to be in my town this coming week.

Maybe I should try to talk him into sitting down and having a view?  heheheh

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 09:08:31 AM »

119 posts and counting.  My question is, why?

I don't  much pay attention to  film people's  "sexual preference" and really don't care.  They all live in a different universe anyway.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Bgrade
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 09:17:36 AM »

Yep it is best to skip these threads.  However even if  you do the vibe tends to bleed over into other threads and then you don'y know why.

There has been a couple of other small flames...(movies you can't watch for one scene, etc) but those sort of died out.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if the left over heat from such events makes the next one start eaisier.

Flames erode trust and mutual respect that can linger. It does seem as a board in general cooler heads are prevealing but it's still a shame.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 09:40:35 AM »

I'm suprised the Vote 2004 post has gone so well.

Kinda proud of the board on that point.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Eirik
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 09:50:33 AM »

Yeah, sorry now that I contributed.  Nobody's ever going to change anyone's mind about anything like that in person, forget over the internet.  That stuff surfaces rarely enough on this board that it can probably be ignored pretty easily.  

Lesson learned.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Well it's time again...Flamewars « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.