Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:49:11 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dracula 3000 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dracula 3000  (Read 1101 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 05, 2004, 03:48:42 PM »

http://www.creature-corner.com/news4/feb05drac3k.php3

Right, so they just took the old "Space Vampire" Choose Your Own Adventure novel and turned it into a movie, aimed right at the generation who grew up with those things and expecting none of us to notice what was up?  Riiiight.  Poor Udo Kier.  He's fallen so far since "Suspiria" and "Mark of the Devil."

Brother R

Post Edited (02-05-04 15:43)

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
I luv dolma
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 02:51:53 PM »

Oh my!...
Eirik
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 06:36:10 PM »

Speaking off topic for a second, does anyone know if they still print those Choose Your Own Adventure books?  My son's at about that age.  I picked up #1 "The Cave of Time" for 25 cents at a used book store a few months ago, but it wasn't in great shape.  He opened it from his stocking on Christmas and looked at me like like I was nuts.  My wife asked what my next gift was, an old basketball sneaker? and he repeated this witty jab about a thousand times before dinner.  

Try to give a kid a little culture and what do you get?
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 05:33:06 AM »

This came up in another thread awhile back, and I was led to this site:

http://www.gamebooks.org/

Check the FAQ for some good resources.

The sad truth is that CYOA books are out of print.  While they were wildly popular in the eighties, they sort of started to die out around the same time as the rise of the Super Nintendo (coincidence?).  Nobody prints anymore.  It's a shame, really.  The earlier ones, especially, were quite good.  Another series, Which Way Books, is also worth a look.  Again, the best books are, as a rule, the earliest ones.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 10:19:40 AM »

It's probably been years since Grumpy's picked up a Which Way Book.  They were aimed at a slightly younger audience than the CYOA's, and aren't as good.

We had a ton of the damn things when we were kids.  A ton.

There was a CYOA variation where you hung out with Indiana Jones, and another with G.I. JOE.  Some were good reads, while others cheated like hell.

Good times.

I wish more of today's computer games captured some of the spirit of those books.  By that, I mean the choices you make as you play affect what ending you recieved.  It would add a bit more life to the games.

Assuming, of course, the games were worth playing even a first time...

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 01:59:33 PM »

If you'll recall, one of the scariest books I ever read as a child was a Wich Way books, Cullen.

Of course, I'd probably read it now, and kind of laugh my ass off, but it scared the hell out of me as a kid.

I'm also suprised you didn't mention the variations where you hang out with the Doctor.  Shame on you - you're supposed to be a Whovian!

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 04:36:35 PM »

Grumpy Guy wrote:

> If you'll recall, one of the scariest books I ever read as a
> child was a Wich[sic] Way books, Cullen.
>
> Of course, I'd probably read it now, and kind of laugh my ass
> off, but it scared the hell out of me as a kid.
>
> I'm also suprised you didn't mention the variations where you
> hang out with the Doctor.  Shame on you - you're supposed to be
> a Whovian!

I know of what you speak.  As I recall, it scared me, too.  The only one worse was the Choose Your Own Nightmare book.  Gah.

Doesn't change what I said, though.  The Which Way books were aimed at a younger crowd.

As for the Doctor Who Find Your Fates, well,  I DENY IT!!!!! DENY!!!!!!!!

I mean, I'm trying to forget them.  The best of the bunch was written by Pip and Jane Baker.  Think about it.

If you want, I'm SURE I can dig them up for you.

There was also a Doctor Who Gamebook based on the first Doctor Who Roleplaying Game.  Not too bad, as I recall...

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dracula 3000 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.