Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:35:56 AM
714438 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films on Today « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Films on Today  (Read 985 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: February 19, 2004, 11:38:33 PM »

THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN (1995) - Only saw about 1 hour of this one on Sundance Channel tonight. Strange French film with alot of weird images involving blind people with some kind of eye piece. They kidnapped children for their dreams or something like that. The style of the film was neat, but it couldn't hold my interest.

LORD JIM (1965) - Watch about 15 minutes of this film on Encore earlier. Looked interesting. The film starred Peter O'Toole, Eli Wallach, and James Mason in this story based on Joseph Conrads novel. Perhaps I'll  check out the rest of this film someday. Story takes place in Indonesia.

WITNESS (1985) - Good film starring Harrison Ford in the heart of Pennsylvania Amish country. Missed the part of exactly what Ford is doing on this Amish farm.

Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 01:24:46 AM »

INTERESTING TIDBIT:
The City Of Lost Children was directed by the same man that directed Alien Resurrection. Notice how they have similar shots (both have an "industrial dream" feel to them), and also share two actors (the character of Vriess in AR was played by the same man that played the cloned sons of the doctor in COLC, and Ron Pearlman has a major role in both films).

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Tilebreaker
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 01:50:02 AM »

He's also the guy who directed "Amelie" which is a very good movie.

you should check out "the city of lost children" next time.  At times it's very weird, and confusing,  but at the end it's all wrapped up in a nice package and makes sense.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 04:59:08 AM »

Wendigo is on right now on HBO.  I thought that was odd since I just watched my DVD copy of  it with one of my friends this afternoon.  It wouldn't be odd but that it's kind of an obscure movie.  How obscure?  Even the mighty Ken Begg hadn't heard of it when it came up in passing.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 09:27:53 AM »

Another little tidbit of info:

COLC also had the same director as Delicatessen!  Both films along with Amelie are fantastic flicks!  By far one of the best foriegn directors working out there today.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 06:27:06 AM »

>WITNESS (1985) - Good film starring Harrison Ford in the heart of Pennsylvania
>Amish country. Missed the part of exactly what Ford is doing on this Amish farm.

Kelly McGillis and her son, Lucas Haas were in the city (I forget why) and Haas witnesses a murder while in one of the stalls in the train station bathroom. Ford is the cop assigned to the case, but then Haas identifies a cop (Danny Glover) as the killer by pointing to him in a picture. The bad guys try to kill Ford, he gets shot, but manages to get away. He takes McGillis and Haas back to their home for their own safety and while leaving, he passes out from the gunshot and crashes his car. McGillis and her father take him in and nurse him back to health, while also hiding him from the killers. The cops can't find them because the family name, Lapp is very common among the Amish.
I luv dolma
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 09:07:34 PM »

Curse of the Komodo is on in less then an hour on Sci fi.

Sucks if you don't have cable, or any friends...
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 04:22:54 PM »

"Lord Jim"
People who like the book don't like the movie. On the other hand, I didn't like the book. Indeed, the only book I do like by Joseph Conrad is "Nostromo." That may be why I liked the movie. Or, it might be that James Mason always makes such  an interesting villain. Then add to that villains such as Cur t Jurgens, Eli Wallach, and Akim Tamiroff, plus Jack Hawkins, Paul Lukas, and Daliah Lavi, and I think you have a film worth watching. It is also one of the more intellectual adventure films out there (IMHO)

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films on Today « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.